• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Garage "Mods" (pics)

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
:laugh:

P8180355.jpg

P8180356.jpg

P8180361.jpg

P8180362.jpg

reflecting onto the Cougar
P8180359.jpg

We still have to do a lot of wire cleanup and such (especially the garage door opener).
I forgot to take a picture of the Getty sign on Mike's side. That one isn't backlit. It's just a regular sign, but we do have a light shining onto it from the ceiling. We put both signs on timers to turn on at dusk and off at "closing time". ;)
hehe decorating is fun.

The crappy curtains came with the house, and I don't have a clue why they're still up.

Nice... I can't wait for dad to get his workshop done, got him one of the 7' Amoco Torch and Oval signs and he's gonna hang it and back light it. If I was a meaner person (and had a way to transport) I'd take the sign back and put it in my garage.

Very nice!! The timers are hilarious. You could maybe also X10 wire it to turn on with the lights.

i have a whole room in my house dedicated to crap like that.
oh wait..every room in my house has stuff like that.
haha

no, thats mike standing there....

LMAO!
no, that's actually a kerosene heater that we used in the garage of our apartment.
It needs no ventilation.
We no longer need it, so it just sits. Anyone want it?

Regarding the sign - Mike's coworker's dad used to own a couple service stations, so he had some old signs laying around.
The coworker kept the other half of the Gulf sign to use for himself.

Last edited:
ooh ooh
if matty doesn't take it, i will!
that thing worked pretty good at heating up my garage.

Hell I'll buy it (or free powder coating). The only heat I had in my warehouse this winter was my light, to be honest I'm suprised I didn't get pneumonia.

I live in Merrimack, too.

PS: Your apartment has a garage (!!!). I have been looking for that for a while to no avail. It looks like you're probably in a subdivided house as opposed to a complex though.

free powder coating eh? :ponder:
Mike has an OMP strut tower bar that we've wanted to have powdercoated gloss black for a while now.

We no longer live in the apartment, we own a house now.
The apartment was a duplex with an attached 2 car garage.
It was old, drafty and poorly insulated.
But I hear ya. Back in 2001, we had a pretty difficult time finding an apartment that also had a garage space available.

PS: Your apartment has a garage (!!!). I have been looking for that for a while to no avail.
I looked a bit as well. But these days, for the price of rent to find a townhouse with a garage, you might as well get a mortgage for a single-family to call your own.

I looked a bit as well. But these days, for the price of rent to find a townhouse with a garage, you might as well get a mortgage for a single-family to call your own.

We have friends who are renting an apartment with a little more space than us for quite a bit more than we're paying for our mortgage. It's insane!

Back