• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

junk yard find

royalblue

In time out with LUCA
power antenna:drool: new to me from a u-pull yard tour and cheap to the wire to install cost more than the antenna plus standing on my head doing the wiring under the dash was a treat :dizzy: and it worked the first time :shocked:
100_2015.jpg

100_2016.jpg

sorry wrong thread meant to be in pics and vids

sorry wrong thread meant to be in pics and vids

sorry wrong spot newb at work .attn mods please move to pics and vids thank you

Yeah, the power antenna really does clean up the car nice, especially since I'm usually listening to my mp3 player or a cd and it's down. The only thing I hate is the awful noise it makes going up or down. :blackeye:

How did you get yours to stay down when you're not using the radio?

My kenwood has a blue wire that controls the antenna. I'm pretty sure it hooks into the "blue with red stripe" below.

I believe this was the wiring I used.

"Here's the wire functions at the connector to the antenna module:
Black, - Ground
Blue with red stripe, - Radio
Purple with blue stripe, - Ignition (hot in run)
Blue with white stripe, - power (hot in acc and run)
Orange with blue stripe. - power (hot at all times) "

Did you have a hard time getting it off? I want to do this with mine, but the damned un powered one on the Contour seems like it is glued on!
like I said the hardest part was standing on my head under the dash:dizzy: you do know that there is a nut on top and two at the bottom ?

How did you get yours to stay down when you're not using the radio?
the mast should defualt to the down position when the radio is off but it stay's up when using the cd player [stock] I'am thinking of using an on/off switch

ya , i hate antennas. i think my grand prix's antenna is built in the glass for the rear windshield.i cud be wrong. but i like that idea

ya , i hate antennas. i think my grand prix's antenna is built in the glass for the rear windshield.i cud be wrong. but i like that idea
MY WIFE'S WINDSTAR HAS THE ANTENNA BUILT IN THE RIGHT REAR SIDE WINDOW . I WONDER ,IS THERE AN AFTERMARKET KIT FOR THIS :shrug:

Back