• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.5 removal

69Boss302

Has mile high skills
I've begun the rebuilding process already on the newly acquired E0. In the 2.5's place will be a 3.0 Escape engine.

Last night I was only able to get down to the fuel rail before I got tired.

Where it begins on the 1st day.
DSCF0188.jpg

DSCF0279.jpg

And where it ended about 1.5hrs in.
DSCF0297.jpg

Tonight should see the fuel lines, oil and coolant drained, fuel injectors, rail, LIM parting ways with the car.

And in case someone is wondering, parts will be available.

I find this rather interesting and want to feel important and post.

Water in three of the cylinders.

DSCF0309.jpg

Oil in two

DSCF0312.jpg

DSCF0313.jpg

And only one that was good.

Drained the oil and got about 2qts.

It is cold, windy and miserable outside but the garage is staying nice and warm somehow.

More findings

More findings

Found this today waiting on me.

DSCF0317.jpg

DSCF0318.jpg

And this was all of the oil in a 1 gal jug, including what was in the filter.

DSCF0321.jpg

There wasn't that much more coolant either.

Last edited:
So how did this engine get so bad, did someone run it into the ground with out maintainance? Or did someone decided to throw some sand and news paper in there?

It's all an experiment for me and something to do really while I get the money for an engine stand and hoist. gotta work on getting the business out of the current funk it's in and doing so sucks my paycheck even drier

So how did this engine get so bad, did someone run it into the ground with out maintainance? Or did someone decided to throw some sand and news paper in there?

that's no newspaper in there. All metal. And it's as far as the throttle body too and all in the UIM. But there is no metal missing any where that I can see so far. mmm curious

Last edited:
Back