• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NorthEast suspension set ups

yamaha racer 686

Hard-core CEG'er
well im trying to get a feel what everyone is running with around in the northeast. my car passed inspection but for the next one it needs new struts in the rear. so i would like to upgrade them all with upgraded springs.this car will be driven all year round.

so if u could post the type of springs and struts and what u think about them it would be great.

I had H&R springs with ST200 struts:

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0010-1.jpg

ride quality was fine. I kinda wished the rear would have settled down a little bit but i was happy with the stance of the car. Doing it again i'd probably have tried to get eibach springs in the rear...h&r s lower in the front than eibach, but the eibachs are lower in the rear.

But nowadays there are other options that just those 2 brands! I think B&G will give you an even drop all around.

Current: Koni adjustables with Eibach springs.
Mid-September: BAT European Handling Kit. (parts arrived today!)

The current setup is very nice for handling, the car feels like it's on rails on the highway. But it's a little too low for the New England potholes and has put stress on other suspension components. The BAT kit will sit a half-inch higher, and from what I gather, it will offer the compromise between ride comfort and improved handling that I am looking for.

Eibach springs sit a little low in the rear (Technically the ride height is precise, but the Contour body panels make it appear low.)
DSC00079-med.jpg

My SVT is currently stock, Has some nasty ass sag despite having new rear springs/struts (previous owner). Next year it will likely get either a koni sport kit or the k-sports. Depends on what prices do, with them so close right now the k-sports are a pretty good deal.

I had Eibachs/ST200's on my mystique and loved the setup, had a nice firm ride but wasn't obnoxious over bumps and rough roads. Nice drop, very level which is rare for Eibachs.

You've seen my car...I have the complete BAT set up with their springs and Bilstein struts and polyurethane stabilizer bar bushings. The ride is firm with no problems scraping the front bumper as long as you are careful on steep inclines. If I had to do it over again, I wished it sat lower in the front.

SeVT-T: Bat Struts w/Eibachs on FSVT 17's and f/r strut bars

the ride is very firm but also compliant. provided a nice drop but the rear is alittle lower then I would have liked. the mirko helps to balance that out. most of the time the ride is great, but if you get on some very rough road it can become un pleasent after some time, ie: 78 near the PA/NJ state line. there are lines in the road surface like ever 10 ft and you start pounding into them pretty good. handling is really good.

SVT: ST200 struts w/H&Rs on 16" wheels

again a firm but compliant ride. overall its more comfortable to ride in then my other car. I believe the large sidewall on the tires, lack of strut tower bars and a strut more valved like stock all add to this. handling is really good here also.

Koni Springs on KYB GR2's

They great as smooth roads...

...except pennslytucky has no smooth roads. :nonono:

Back