• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Its getting to be that time again: 2009 CEG Calendar

These are not submissions, but examples IMO. I took these for a club owner and got annihilated with a free bar tab. :laugh:

escalade1.jpg

escalade2.jpg

This SUV was surprisingly dirty but because of the paint color it was hidden well.

Some of my pointers for aspiring participants!

• No trash on the ground (bags, cig butts, etc)
  • Slight angles - subtlety is key. Dead on front and side shots win, too.
  • Use your vehicles' lines to your advantage. Turn the wheels, etc
Lastly,

• Think outside the box! :) For example, everyone took photos in bright sun shine for last year, and I shot a photo in complete downpour. Be different!

IMG_4094.jpg

I do like that one. Nice coloring in the back ground (maybe move a little bit away from the curb), nice angle (maybe need to be a little bit lower). Just needs cleaner headlights. :laugh: And you can just go out and get a $5 bottle of plasic X and some 2000 grit sand paper and go to town. $10 later new looking lights.

Thanks for the cheaper suggestion. I'll talk to my dad about it and see if he'll give me a hand with it next weekend to make sure I'm doing it right. I figured I would take night shots because of the name of the paint, that, and I think night shots look amazing if done right. Otherwise they can be too dark and what-not.

That photo is pretty good. She's just a tad dirty though. :p Other than that, really nice. Edit: You know what it might just be the reflection of the concrete.

That photo is pretty good. She's just a tad dirty though. :p Other than that, really nice. Edit: You know what it might just be the reflection of the concrete.

That's what I thought at first once I uploaded the pictures to my computer, then I looked at it closer and it is the reflection of the concrete. I should probably take a better shot so that people don't get so easily confused if it's dirty or just a reflection.

Even though I don't possess an SVT, I'm going to try to submit some. I know of many differant places to shoot... now it's just a matter of getting to them without breaking laws.

Joe, I need that nike poster in the background, I'm almost postive that would motivate me to take on more projects in the garage. :crazy:

Poster will never leave my garage or I will not get anything of mine done! :laugh:.
Pre98, I also LOL'd when I looked back on this pic. Life is 10 fold now that the car is done. I should post another "finished" pic...... :rolleyes:

P.S. PHILLY, your t-red looks nice man! I gotta see that in person.

Even though I don't possess an SVT, I'm going to try to submit some. I know of many differant places to shoot... now it's just a matter of getting to them without breaking laws.

it doesn't have to be an SVT to look clean and pretty. :cool:
Definitely get out there and start shooting.

wish i had a better camera.
tried taking pictures in a location i have been wanting to use for a while.
problem is its right next to a very busy street so early in the morning is the only time to get pics.
so i ran down there today a littel after 6:00 am to try.
and due to the lighting, this is the best i could get.
:(
svt-trolley1.JPG

svt-trolley2.JPG

svt-trolley3.JPG

unfortunately, they are a little grainy
my original intention was to get pics of the car under the bridge, but traffic didn't allow.

and if you look closely, my street name is visible on the train car.
so the pic has my location, street name, and vehicle in it
hehe

here are a few I took this afternoon.

for some reason they seem alittle blurry but the full size ones are not.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back