• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

P1405 CEL Code

Bugly

New CEG'er
Hello all,
4 sensors and $175.00 later I was CEL free....until today. Today I was rewarded with CEL code P1405. DPFE sensor upstream hose off or plugged. I did a search and found some infor for a Duratec but not my Zetec. Are the locations the same in my Zetec? If so, has anyone any experience in how to correct this problem? Is it usually a plugged or off hose or is the sensor bad? The car idles like crap...Could this be why? Thanks for any suggestions.. I will not give up on this beauty.

Kevin

Hello all,
4 sensors and $175.00 later I was CEL free....until today. Today I was rewarded with CEL code P1405. DPFE sensor upstream hose off or plugged. I did a search and found some infor for a Duratec but not my Zetec. Are the locations the same in my Zetec? If so, has anyone any experience in how to correct this problem? Is it usually a plugged or off hose or is the sensor bad? The car idles like crap...Could this be why? Thanks for any suggestions.. I will not give up on this beauty.

Kevin

yes. it could make the car run badly. heres a link to the fix.

http://www.autozone.com/shopping/repairGuide.htm?pageId=0900c152800a8aa6
a haynes manual would be helpful too.

ok I have swapped out the DPFE sensor and the CEL isoff and the motor runs well and idles steady in park. After start up and when the car is put in gear the idle goes way down and at times stalls out. When driving a warm the car runs fine. I will clean the IAC sensor next... is it located on the throttle body or on the intake manifold? My car is a 1997 Mystique 2.0 zetec automatic. Thanks for any suggestions.

Kevin

Back