• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

RallyCross in Tampa FL

JesusFreak

Hard-core CEG'er
So today I got to try something new, half autocross, half rally, RallyCross. Met up with Goumba, his cousin, his brother, and KerryKool to not only watch, but do some driving in the SVT rally car. Was an awesome day, and awesome experience.

Here are some pics of the SVT Rally car in action:

I am driving in these:

100_1068.jpg

100_1069.jpg

100_1070.jpg

Goumba is driving in these:

100_1075.jpg

100_1076.jpg

Goumba's cousin is driving in these:

100_1055.jpg

100_1056.jpg

100_1057.jpg

A couple subbys were there, I got to do a ride along with the new one, and it was very intense, and fast:

100_1084.jpg

100_1086.jpg

to be continued...

Then this poor kid destroyed his dads talon AWD Turbo:

100_1092.jpg

100_1093.jpg

100_1094.jpg

I also have some video I will be uploading and posting links to either later today or tomorrow!

3rd to last one with the dude standing in front of the car is a good candidate for a fail pic.

How did the car do in the dirt? I wonder if it's similar to snow.

Looks like fun, but I don't think I would do that with my CSVT, maybe the Ford Probe thou.

That just hurts my heart watching a csvt being rally'd like that, buuuuuuuuut its good for the csvt movement, cause who else id rally'ing a csvt:shrug:

Only got a couple good ones of the CSVT:

P8030020.jpg

Kylestart.jpg

The guy running the event said he was down $300 because more people signed up than showed up. I had a blast! I rode with Kyle for a few runs and he drove very well for his first rally in the SVT. The subaru's were amazing, very good drivers.

Dude, I dont know what his dad was thinking. He barely knew how to shift and he said it was his first time driving on a rally course. :crazy:

Dude, I dont know what his dad was thinking. He barely knew how to shift and he said it was his first time driving on a rally course. :crazy:
probably because its cheap

also i love that we have someone rallying a tour, its freakin awesome and it makes me proud! I love it!! Good work team!

probably because its cheap

also i love that we have someone rallying a tour, its freakin awesome and it makes me proud! I love it!! Good work team!

Whats amazing is how well the car performs in a rallycross event... it held its own with all the faster cars, except the brand new subby, that car wass jsut sick!

Goumba has built a very nice rally car, and now the shell sitting in my garage will be reborn at his garage to join his car in the dirt!

There's a lot more pictures and video at Floridaracing.org. Some of them are a few frames in a row. It gives a good showing of how scary Kyle's spin out probably was. I thought he spun on the dirt inner oval. At least he didn't smash into the wall. The contour live to see another race day!
http://www.floridaracing.org/auto-x/eastbayrally080308/
Here's a video.
http://www.eccentric-photography.com/videos/august 3 2008/FILE0078.MOV

There's still more pictures and photos out there. There was a magazine crew out there taking a bunch of photos too.

There's a lot more pictures and video at Floridaracing.org. Some of them are a few frames in a row. It gives a good showing of how scary Kyle's spin out probably was. I thought he spun on the dirt inner oval. At least he didn't smash into the wall. The contour live to see another race day!
http://www.floridaracing.org/auto-x/eastbayrally080308/
Here's a video.
http://www.eccentric-photography.com/videos/august 3 2008/FILE0078.MOV

There's still more pictures and photos out there. There was a magazine crew out there taking a bunch of photos too.

The spin out wasnt scary... it was fun man! Of course that lap would have had my best time if I didnt spin out, but its all good... seat time seat time seat time!

Looks like the photographer had a crush on me, most of the pics of the SVT rally car are of me driving, guess the crazy guy with no experience made for exciting pictures, LOL

Back