• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Exhaust manifold studs?

Don't know the part number, but there is a hex head on one end of the stud that you use to install them into the head. Fwiw, I generally use anti-sieze on header studs to prevent galling just in case you ever have to remove and reinstall them later.

M8x1.25 stud 30mm out x 20mm in (anything close will work +5mm)

Nothing fancy. Can be found at a local parts store or hardware store. Use anti-seize like Rara states.

I don't like to reuse the stud, nut combo.

I prefer to use allen bolts + the mentioned antisieze. I find it much easeir to work around that area with an allen wrench vs a socket or box-end.

McMaster-Carr part# - 91292A149

91292A149L.GIF

I bought all new studs and nuts when I was going to install my headers. Didn't end up using any of them - all of my fasteners came out with a 1/4 drive. I like those allen bolts though - I'd rock em.

Thanks for the idea, i think I'll go with that route.

Just making sure, the Weapon R Headers are not any thicker then the sock manifolds?

Not really. Becasue of there shape I think two of the bolts are slightly more difficult to access than the stock manifolds. But due to not having all that heat shield material on there its nicer on the hands.

so am I the only one here that has ever rounded out the inside of an Allen head type bolt before? Fun times getting them out after that.

Oh they are a real PITA when stripped out. However, if you use antisieze and torque to the proper spec you should not be rounding these out if/when you remove them again.

I mean, you should be using a high grade allen bolt too.

Back