• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone in the Salisbury area doing anything this weekend?

SVTRacer

Hard-core CEG'er
Anyone in the Salisbury area or near Dover,DE doing anything this weekend?

reason i ask is there's a show in Dover. and i knowSalisbury isn't oh-so-far-out, maybe some would like to take a drive up and see some nice cars and meet some CEg'rs.... :)

let me know and i'll give more info to you.

ah crap. maybe its a sign saying give me the high flow. and it'll stop. LOL

:laugh:

srsly, get that fixed man, we's only an hour away and whatnot..LOL

FOR the weekend of 8/9.

my secondaries are jacked. the connector fell of again, and dad's not home.

so i have two options.

A) dont go past 4k for 2 weeks

or

B) see if anyone from this area will come up and help me yank my UIM off to fix it.

- (there's food and possible beer involved in this "meet")

It's not that hard to re-connect it or pull your UIM. Didn't we have this discussion a few months back about not relying on your parents for everything?

It's not that hard to re-connect it or pull your UIM. Didn't we have this discussion a few months back about not relying on your parents for everything?

Well it seems like he's trying to do it himself, but just wants a little moral support. As was stated it doesn't look to bad to pull the UIM off. Take a look at the cleaning the UIM thread in the maintenance forum. I've never done it but i will be in a couple weeks. I'm not sure if i'd be able to come up to help you though. I might be heading in the other direction to Va beach next weekend.

I don't understand why you need to pull the UIM...my connector just fell off a couple weeks ago when I was manually pulling the secondaries open during a Seafoam cleaning (one of the cheesy plastic grommets was apparently broken and nothing was holding the rod to the front bank save for the will of the intake gods). I did pull the TB off (and hence, the intake accordian) to get to it, but definitely no need for the whole UIM to come off...:shrug: Unless you're talking about some other connector.

im not relying on my parents, dad is gone for two weeks and took the gran prix. mom drives the van everyday, the SVT is mine and i cant drive the camaro for another 9 years(collectors insurance rules)

so if i were to work on this myself without anyone who knows what to do, i may end up f*cking something up and be out of a car for two weeks.

you see what im trying to avoid.

all i was really asking for was a little help. :shrug: thats all.

i just need to find some rubber grommits or something to put on the connector.

Back