• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock 3 liter Turbo NEW NUMBERS

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Well I was able to get the motor back together in the car and was only able to get 200 miles on the clutch. I installed a 04 Taurus motor no porting just my LIM mod and the SVT UIM with 42# injectors. The car is equipped with focus SVT pump and 80mm MAF and has SVT cams in the engine. The kit is the new SS turbo kits which I just changed over too we have a 8 psi spring in the car baseline kit with a T04E 60 trim turbo with a 63A/R turbine stage 3 wheel. We do have the upgraded FMIC and the larger BOV RFL. I managed to make 6 pulls on the dyno where I had to dial in the A/F because the car made so much torque the clutch was slipping on the road to tune the WOT settings. I was very impressed to say we made 260whp with 275 wtq on std settings meaning the car is making that power on the dyno but corrected the in SAE made 354whp with 366wtq more than you can expect out of a stock 3 liter block. The boost guage would flutter to 9 psi then drop to 8.5 psi up top. The car is really fast and delivers the power smooth and fast I can't believe that stock motor will make 400hp and 410tq on just a 8 pound spring and on a 10:1.1 CR wow take a look............

3literStockSVTcam8psi_corrected.jpg

actual dyno numbers here
3literStockSVTcams8psi.jpg

If possible; could you post what the total amount of dead presidents this would take someone to achieve this same dyno chart? Im sure others will chime in it all depends blah blah but I want to know what YOU think. Of course it depends on where you got your 3L but just give me a rough est. That would be great. This isnt for kicks and giggles either.

:eek::eek::eek:

that matches my setup. man do I have to get the last few things worked out so we can get the tune dialed in ....

Nice. Thats about what I make at same boost, just lower tourqe on a low compression motor. Sweet.

thats exactly my setup also! 354whp at 9psi!!!? holy crap! now i really gatta go back and redyno my car since i last did it pegged rich. that was 308whp at 10.0 A/F by the way. cant wait to see what i gat now that my tune is on point.

As always Joey Thank you for your hard work and May I say Holy Figgin Cow

Now ahh How much$$$ :laugh::laugh::laugh:

If possible; could you post what the total amount of dead presidents this would take someone to achieve this same dyno chart? Im sure others will chime in it all depends blah blah but I want to know what YOU think. Of course it depends on where you got your 3L but just give me a rough est. That would be great. This isnt for kicks and giggles either.

i'm gonna go blah blah first. i've got the same setup. about 7grand should get u there if u do it urself. thats with tranny and other upgrades to support all that power. if u're gonna pay joey, then am sure he'll tell u how many benjamins u're gonna need;)

i'm gonna go blah blah first. i've got the same setup. about 7grand should get u there if u do it urself. thats with tranny and other upgrades to support all that power. if u're gonna pay joey, then am sure he'll tell u how many benjamins u're gonna need;)

same here ... give or take some ...

wel actually that is almost my setup as I still have secondaries.

i know this may be stupid but i was wondering would a straight 3L no porting or hybrid with the same turbo kit, injectors, etc used here make just as much if not more hp and tq??

i know this may be stupid but i was wondering would a straight 3L no porting or hybrid with the same turbo kit, injectors, etc used here make just as much if not more hp and tq??

well you wouldn't run a turbo on a hybrid 3L so you must mean a ported 3L with workign secondaries?

yea i mean a ported 3L with secondaries...i misread another thread debating hybrids and straight 3Ls. so isnt a ported 3L the same as what is used here just instead of porting he used their LIM mod that requires no porting??

yea i mean a ported 3L with secondaries...i misread another thread debating hybrids and straight 3Ls. so isnt a ported 3L the same as what is used here just instead of porting he used their LIM mod that requires no porting??

yep. its still called a ported one cuz joey had to do the actual porting. we just bought the finished product.:cool:

This engine has the lower intake mod I made that tapers down to the oval port and of course does not have secondaries either. I am not sure if the straight 3 liter makes more power than the SVT UIM because we do know the SVT UIM does not have alot of plenum but in the port area is much larger but it still goes down in the head by the valves. I did not touch the port area at all I am sure if I ported the exhaust and intake this baby would have really woke up some more. joey

Well what it is worth the spec 3 puck style clutch is slipping like a madman up top it sucks because I have to run the car half throttle but suprisingly the darn thing still make 8 psi up top and it moves out fast ask the C6 last night.............:)

Back