• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

10 minute headlight cleaning.

BOMBdig

CEG'er
ok so i bought this stuff at wal-mart on monday for $20. It was kinda pricey for a one time use package when compared to the usual way of doing it, but it was a pretty quick procedure. Each headlight took 10 minutes to do so it was a total of 20 minutes to clean both. My headlights are defintely comparable to headlights cleaned the normal way. Ian just did his with sandpaper and water totaling around 2 hours give or take some time, and mine look almost just like his.

ANYWAYS. i just thought i'd post about the product. It works well and fast, but it is one time use and $20. i suppose there are pro's and con's in everything.

here is the product:
nx2ff5.jpg

and here are my headlights:

1ok2oo.jpg

143mgx3.jpg

2mzmc6b.jpg

29kvqm8.jpg

sorry for the cell phone pics i'm missing my computer hookup to my camera :(

that's the only thing i don't have. i didn't think the stuff would actually work so i didn't take any before pictures. they looked the same of ian's before so i suppose you can just compare them to that :shrug:

jzyvfd.jpg

I pefer the 3M highlight restoration kit
family.php

Takes almost no time, and you dont have to hand sand. You just need a power drill. Works wonders.

Before:
P1000539.jpg

After:
P1000538.jpg

I could actually spend more time and do they to perfection, but these look almost new and good enough for now.

Done on the right, undone on the left:
P1000536.jpg

You can see the before in this picture. They turned out pretty darn good for a quick ten-minute job. :shrug:

0728082020a.jpg

Her headlights looked just like mine did.

Back