• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A/C failure

flakoner

CEG'er
I have a problem with my A/C and i have a cuestion. The PCM controls the voltage that activate the relay number 3? or where that voltage comes?

Post what the problem is with the A/C. Is it not blowing anything? Is it not cold? Is it cycling on and off very quickly?

a/c

a/c

The problem is that the compressor dont works becouse the relay number 3 can not activate. I want to know from where comes the line that activate the relay (positive and negative)

A/C failure

The model of my car is mystique 2000 motor 2.5 duratec the relay that i refer its in distribution box

Pull the R4 relay and jumper the #5 pin (closest the battery) to the positive post on the battery. Should make the clutch engage.

A/C failure

Does some body knows how i can unistall this container? (brake fluids) i think that the problem its behin it (in the PCM). Somebody has diagrams physical and electric of the pcm? or do you know which is the transistor that activate the relay number 3? or some idea?

Attachments

• Mystique.jpg
    Mystique.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
A/C failure

Sorry i didnt explain very well, what I mean is that the problem is in the PCM but i need to uninstall the container becouse i want to take a measure in the connector that is behind the container. somebody has diagrams of the PCM, or what is the transistor that activates the relay I number 3?

A/C failure

sorry, i didnt explain very well what i mean its that i need to uninstall the container becouse the problem its behind the container ( in the PCM). Somebody has diagrams for the PCM or somebody knows wich is the transistor that activate the relay number 3. Or some idea for fix it?

I would be very surprised if the A/C problem was the PCM. The PCM is not internally servicable (can't replace transistor) and it must be replaced.

I would recommend you post your problems and what you did to troubleshoot and get help from the board. Most A/C problems are freon charge problems, low pressure switch, high pressure switch, or clutch air gap problems.

have you checked that the low pressure and high pressure sensor/switches are working?

better yet lets go back to the beginning, did you check to see if the system even has a charge? if there is no or low charge the compressor will not turn on.

also the wot a/c relay only makes the compressor turn off at wot. i doubt that is the issues.

my guess as always, the accumulator rotted out and the system is empty.

you might want to go to a shop to have them check the system. it isn't a common problem that wiring, etc causes a/c problems.

A link to the available schematic of the system was posted in #6 above.

The PCM uses the WOT relay as its control of the compressor clutch. Perhaps it would have been clearer if Ford had simply called it the AC clutch relay.

Since you haven't posted any specifics, it appears to readers that you are just stabbing around in the dark and are hoping to get lucky.

Steve

help please

help please

but i nedd to know wich transistor is physichal is it, because the board does not indicated nothing at all, and also have biahole,

best regards

The path that you are taking sounds like it is a last resort, and we don't know if you have done any other diagnostics, like checking the accumulator/dryer. What are the symptoms, and what have you checked so far?

I had problems with my AC that was was able to chase to the AC clutch itself. I lifted the front of the car, took off the right front wheel, the fender liner, and I could see the AC clutch. I whacked it with somethign while the a/c was turned on, and it started to run. I bought a new clutch at the dealer, and had it installed in no time.

but i nedd to know wich transistor is physichal is it, because the board does not indicated nothing at all, and also have biahole,

best regards

your guessing in the dark right now ..... please have the pressures check to see if the system has any refridgerant in it or not ....

Back