• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stock Mystique 1/4 Time and WHP Question

2000ZxT

Hard-core CEG'er
So I'm knew and haven't researched the Duratec thoroughly. I was wondering a few things.

What does my stock 2.5 duratec laydown for whp. I'm guessing 145 +/- a few.

I haven't been able to make it to the track yet with this car, needs a few things fixed first, wallets tight but I'll be good soon.

What should I be expecting to run with my only mod being a KnN. My gues would be around a 15.7ish?

Ok so I wasn't too far off. Thanks for the info guys.

I can deal with a high 15 in my bone stock car. I can't wait to start modding this thing.

Ok so I wasn't too far off. Thanks for the info guys.

I can deal with a high 15 in my bone stock car. I can't wait to start modding this thing.

Just don't expect it to be "fast". Even the highest HP (over 400) contiques can only hit low 13's. Traction is a major problem. Concentrate on handling over anything else....or just get a 3.0L and have a mid to low 14 second car.

Correction:

Don't expect it to be "quick". (a measure of acceleration) because of traction issues once you start actually making enough power to be quick.

DO expect it to be FAST (a measure of relative speed) with those numbers... I (and any of the other FI'd members) would certainly beg to differ wholeheartedly that a turbo-charged or supercharged (even nitrous-fed) Duratec isn't "fast".. Its a damn monster if you're already rolling. Ask any of the unsuspecting "sports" car drivers any of us can attest to being "faster" than.

It's my daily driver. I'm going to be redoing most of the car. Kit, paint, new interior. I have a zx2 turbo project thats almost done and is consuming most of my money right now.

My immediate plans for this car are msds headers, y-pipe, udp and true cai. Going to leave it like that then buy the block and slowly start that build. I don't expect it to be fast, I have my little domestic rice car for that.

I'd guess a flat 16, bone stock, with a manual transaxle. Maybe a 15.7 if conditions are PERFECT.

Mid-16 or higher with an automatic.

It's a 5 speed. I'm not that worried about it, more just interested.

I doubt I'll get it to the track before it has a few mods which is why I wanted to know what I'm working off of.

It's a 5 speed. I'm not that worried about it, more just interested.

I doubt I'll get it to the track before it has a few mods which is why I wanted to know what I'm working off of.

A few bolt-ons on my Cougar got me a 15.9 best. A few more, and I got it down to 15.3. That was 3 years ago, so I NEED to get back to the track. I've done a LOT of stuff to it since then... ;)

Back