• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Jeff you are alive!!

chongo

CEG'er
Jeff you are alive!!
Yup I am, but sad to report that the Tour is on it's way out.
As soon as I figure out what I want/need for a next vehicle. :D
It might be a wagon type or hate to say it, medium SUV/Crossover.
Or if someone knows of a vehicle with a big trunk to haul my totes of RC gear to/from the track and all my work stuff.

Test drove an Altima 4 banger (not the coupe) and the Rogue so far.
Rogue :nonono: big vehicle (avg 3300-3400lb) to only have 170hp@6000rpm.
Alitma was nice 175hp about 100lb lighter, but full hp is 400rpm lower.
The V6 is rated at 270hp :drool: same mileage as the V6 tour 10.5/100 with 100 extra pony's.
just not sure about the trunk space though.

Also any tips on fixing clear coat peel from the roof..... 1/4 of it's gone. LOL
No body shop replies for a fix because the whole car needs to be repainted and it's not worth it.

Hey Jeff, sand the roof down with 600 and then 1000 grit wet sand paper, then just spray it with clear coat. This is a quick fix if you don't care too much about the finish.

Jeff, glad to hear from you man. Send me your number so next time I'm in Calgary I can give you a shout. I go there time to time for work.

Aaron

Hey Rob thanks for the tip.
On the big spots do you just sand down the edges of the clear coat.
I assume you don't sand the paint for fear of going through the thin layer of paint.

Aaron pm sent.

oh wow its been a year already? one year in eh chris? hope you dont regret anything LOL

Wes, we have already had more than a couple of ups and downs. If I said all was up, I would be a liar. In any case, that's part of a marriage, take the bad with the good, hope that the good out weighs the bad. So far so good. :crazy:

Hello Jeff, been a year already since I last saw you. WOW, how time flies. :eek:

Yup time flies............. :D
I can't believe you didn't even list one car that I should look at.. hmmmmmmmmm
Chris what's happened to you....... LOL
Glad to here you made the first full circle with many more to come.

Yes Wes it may look like I crawled out of the wood work, but I do still read the board.
Just don't log in much as I can't contribute to the Eastern Canada forums for repairs, meets or sightings. :p :laugh:
Oh and damn, how did you get to be a MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup time flies............. :D
I can't believe you didn't even list one car that I should look at.. hmmmmmmmmm
Chris what's happened to you....... LOL
Glad to here you made the first full circle with many more to come.

Yes Wes it may look like I crawled out of the wood work, but I do still read the board.
Just don't log in much as I can't contribute to the Eastern Canada forums for repairs, meets or sightings. :p :laugh:
Oh and damn, how did you get to be a MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff, I haven't been involved much in the car scene this year, wouldn't have a clue for what you should get next, except for maybe a nice Dodge Challenger. I saw a couple of black SRT8's at Ontario Chrysler. Man, their hot. :)

I would post up a few options but I'm REALLY confused about what type of vehicle you are looking for. You mentioned an SUV type, but then mentioned the Altima. Also, are you looking for performance, gas milage....price range? If you can identify those I can give you some options.

The new G8 is pretty sweet. I was looking at the the Ford Flex last week and it's interior is pretty sharp, not to mention it's holding up the Duratec name. I like the styling of the new Lancer's. You can't go wrong with a Mazda hatch. So um...yeah....what's the starting point? :)

Back