• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vaders last night at the track

And those "ole school road course cars...good lookin" were Fcatory Five replicas of '66 Shelby Cobras. That announcer wasn't the brightest bulb, eh?

The announcer was an idiot, but you do realize that at one point there were hundreds of cobra replica manufacturers right? The one in the far lane actually looks to be a Shell Valley car based on its hood scoop. Also, the video is a little blurry, but they actually appear to be 289 replicas to me, from the smaller grill opening, as opposed to the larger 427 style, maybe not...they do seem to have the later 427 rear wheel flares.

Ryan- If you like the red wheels so much, would you like to buy a set of blue ones? :laugh:

nice pix and that white civic is a buddy of mine from macon. nice ride.sad to see vader go :cry: oh well. ill haveta let ya take mine down the blacktop a few times:cool:

I have a weird request... Can someone post videos of contours actually winning some races...? I've seen so many vids of 'tours racing, and they don't seem to do so well overall. It's starting to degrade my morale.

I know there are several people on here with turbos and superchargers, 3L SVT's with exhaust and custom tunes, 300+ horsepower, even one with 402hp if I remember right. Do these guys ever race?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Contour; the look, feel, handling, style, and strong performance. I guess it was always meant to be more of a rally-inspired back-road beauty, a touring car with a strong balance between power and handling... But even that little black Honda stood a decent battle against the red Corvette (way above its class), although granted the 2-door Honda is much lighter than a Contour... Is the Contour's body ultimately just too heavy to beat most speed-demon cars, even with all the mods?

If it can be done, I would love to see ryan's silver SVT whack out a couple of strong victories.

I have a weird request... Can someone post videos of contours actually winning some races...? I've seen so many vids of 'tours racing, and they don't seem to do so well overall. It's starting to degrade my morale.

I know there are several people on here with turbos and superchargers, 3L SVT's with exhaust and custom tunes, 300+ horsepower, even one with 402hp if I remember right. Do these guys ever race?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Contour; the look, feel, handling, style, and strong performance. I guess it was always meant to be more of a rally-inspired back-road beauty, a touring car with a strong balance between power and handling... But even that little black Honda stood a decent battle against the red Corvette (way above its class), although granted the 2-door Honda is much lighter than a Contour... Is the Contour's body ultimately just too heavy to beat most speed-demon cars, even with all the mods?

If it can be done, I would love to see ryan's silver SVT whack out a couple of strong victories.
thats true. ryan seems to be at the races a lot. post up some wins ryan. as for wins, i've never been on the track. my wins are all on "illegal roads";). never recorded them though. and like i said earlier, i'll be heading to the tracks next friday. i should have it recorded. wish me luck!:laugh:

I have won quite a few at ffw, this year I made it to the 1/4 finals (final 8)and won some money and beat out 100+ others I belive. But thats besides the point this wasnt "racing" this was test and tune, if it was racing would they have put my little 170hp csvt against a gto ect...:shrug:

Yes TX00SVT I would love those blue wheels but I am not in the market for wheels right now.

Yeah John that civic was clean, and you know me I dont say that often dude. We will have to line our fi'd cars up sometime s/c against turbo'd and see what happens.

I have won quite a few at ffw, this year I made it to the 1/4 finals (final 8)and won some money and beat out 100+ others I belive. But thats besides the point this wasnt "racing" this was test and tune, if it was racing would they have put my little 170hp csvt against a gto ect...:shrug:

thing with that is, out here there are hardly races. so when they do open, its mighty hard to pick who u race cos there are just so many ppl. u just end up racing whoever pulls up next to u.:shrug:

Ok here are the only ones I have left from ffw, I accidently taped over the others for my sons bday party, the track was almost too sticky that day with vht cause I couldnt stop bogging off the line, plus as I have stated I need to learn how to drive this car on the track better, this was the first 2 times on the track ever in this car and you can see the times go down quickly from race to race. I finished off with a best time of 14.4 @ 103mph and that was on a stock drivers side axle and the tune not right.

Race 1 15.3

Race 2 14.6

thing with that is, out here there are hardly races. so when they do open, its mighty hard to pick who u race cos there are just so many ppl. u just end up racing whoever pulls up next to u.:shrug:

Same here but this was just test and tune so you arent actually racing anyone, just dialing in you and the car better, for the ffw vids I posted above they are bracket runs, so sometimes I raced 11 second cars, I just left 3 seconds before they did.

Back