• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Parting out my SVT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhearCVBz

CEG'er
Hi guys,

I'm parting out my '98 SVT. The drivers side sustained a fair amount of damage in a wreck that I had, and never got anything fixed. The hood (maybe could fix), drivers side fender, doors, sideskirt, windshield, and a few others things are no good, but most of the other parts on the car are fine.

Chris, hotdimmes on the forums, came up yesterday and bought the front and rear bumpers, so those are not available.

I'm not quite sure what people typically look for, but up until the cash everything was working perfectly on the car except for the E-brake cable.

The interior is in very good shape...practically mint....its slightly dirty now because the airbags deployed, but besides that it's all good.

Gauges are all good and read 99,000 miles.

Engine and Tranny were good...I'm assuming that is still the case.

One rim has a chip along the edge, and is probably no good. The other 3 are fine. All 4 have center caps that are in good condition.

I think I may have a couple of the jack plugs, but I didn't really pay attention.

Ummmmm....other than that the doors and other parts on the passenger side and rear of the car (trunk) are in good shape.

Not sure what else to mention...I'll include a few pics of the car.

Let me know if there is anything you need.

-Josh

Attachments

• 100_1435.JPG
    100_1435.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1436.JPG
    100_1436.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1438.JPG
    100_1438.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1440.JPG
    100_1440.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1441.JPG
    100_1441.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
couple other shots of the inside...

Attachments

• 100_1448.JPG
    100_1448.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1447.JPG
    100_1447.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
Hi guys,

Chris, hotdimmes on the forums, came up yesterday and bought the front and rear bumpers, so those are not available.

man chris you should have grabbed the exhaust and the side skirts at the same time ... the passanger side one is in better shape then the one Tony has ...

well the exhaust would have given me the same problem that the other svt exhaust gave me being that it's a 98. Ton'y skirts are going to need work either way. I didn't want to ask him for bits and pieces like jack point covers or some of the mounting hardware and make the rest of the stuff worthless. Kind of a buy it all at once deal.

500 shipped to FL? IF yes PM me.... If no how much for the headlights... are all the tabs intact?

lol, I'll do $500 shipped if you know of a free shipping company.

i have the headlights....they seem a bit oxidized, but they may just be dirty...i could try to clean them up and see.

i really don't know the going rate on them (i know i shouldn't admit that). whatever you think is fair really if you end up wanting them.

Im in Burlington and would be interested in some parts...i need a passenger side side skirt (mine has a crack) and might be interested in more

Im in Burlington and would be interested in some parts...i need a passenger side side skirt (mine has a crack) and might be interested in more

Hi,

I have someone interested in mine, so let me check with them first. It would involve shipping, so I'm not sure if it would be worth it for them, but I guess that depends on supply and demand. I will send them a PM shortly.

Mine also has a crack though. A small one near the very front. I can't take pics of it until this weekend, but you would be welcome to go see for yourself if you happen to be up that way before then.

I'm in Montgomery, up near Jay Peak.

-Josh

Hows the ebrake cable and center console?

Wow, it seems I'm hearing more people have e-brake issues. What is yours doing exactly? Mine pops down by itself. It seems like the ratcheting teeth are not fully locking. This is on my 2000 SVT with 52K. Our GL with 152K still works like a charm!

Wow, it seems I'm hearing more people have e-brake issues. What is yours doing exactly? Mine pops down by itself. It seems like the ratcheting teeth are not fully locking. This is on my 2000 SVT with 52K. Our GL with 152K still works like a charm!

cable is gone completley

My Ebrake cable is snapped.....Every car I've ever owned has had e-brake problems in VT winters.

The center console is good.

RespectTheContour, I don't really know what the going price on seats are....I'd let them go for below average though if anybody has some input.

-Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back