• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Billdo your car has arrived. 2010 Genesis Coupe

Yep. Because you live in CA. Out west ppl buy a lot more foreign.
Not just out west.
I was genuinely amazed at the amount of domestics I saw in Detroit - it was borderline culture shock. You never see that number of Fords and GMs in any northeast state.

I would rock it in a new york second, it will be the most underestimated "tuner" for quite a while imo.

I believe I read somewhere it was to be around 3500 pounds curb weight. A bit heavier than I'd like it to be considering the curb weight of a Tiburon, but with all those ponies.. can't be that bad. :cool:

That, and I've had a few. So take this post with a grain of salt. :laugh:

I believe I read somewhere it was to be around 3500 pounds curb weight. A bit heavier than I'd like it to be considering the curb weight of a Tiburon, but with all those ponies.. can't be that bad. :cool:

That, and I've had a few. So take this post with a grain of salt. :laugh:

damn dude! shouldnt you be in bed? its almost midnight here :laugh:

It looks like hyundai finally caught on to the tuner world. I'm pleasantly surprised that the engine is mounted vertically in the engine bay too. I'll be keeping an eye on this one and see what happens when it hits the market.

I've been waiting for this to come out but now they've introduced the Koup concept and that has my attention now. Its just plain sad.

I'm sorry guys, but this car looks likea promising performer and all; but it just looks like another car:shrug:

I'm just so sick of this wishy-washy styling nowadays. Atlewast back in the old days, you could distinguish between cars. They're all looking the same. I see alot of Accord coupe, S2000, Maxima, Tiburon, Altima, and even a bit of Impala in that. It's just not unique at all:shrug:

I also don't get the big whoop-dee-doo. Oooh! Hyundai finally builds a car that might wake you up when you drive it! Oooooh!

yeah, and the Contour looked no different than the Intrepids or Buick Centurys of its day.

It is merely the style of the times :shrug: In a few years tastes will change and the "common style" will evolve.

I like it. It reminds me vaguely of a Lexus / G35 coupe, at a fraction of the price. The side window swoop is a little odd though.

"A little different" definitely (it's my favorite 90s vehicle in terms of styling :D )
...but you can't deny similarities....

98-ford-contour-rear-corner.jpg

00century_2.jpg

Dodge_Intrepid_LB_1993-1997_19feb2007.jpg

I am not one to buy new cars, but this looks good to my eyes. Not as good as the concept did, but those are the breaks.

Now I just hope someone over 6 feet tall can actually sit in the thing -- unlike the Tib.

Back