• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fuel injectors

tone

CEG'er
right i'm about to remove my plenum to see what injectors i have, anybody tell me what i need for around 300bhp+ i'm running a stand alone EMERALD K3 ecu i was going to use 42lb ones as i can always ramp them down via the mapping,
any pics or part numbers welcome as i'm in ENGLAND and will be shipping them from the states i don't want to get the wrong ones ,
i need high impedence(the ecu needs them) and the fuel line returns back to the tank cheers in advance

42lb ones will support almost 500hp at the crank with the fuel pressure turned up a bit. You probably don't need to go quite that high.

On the flip side, considering the price difference, you almost may as well get them. It's just 1 less thing you need to upgrade later when you decide that enough really isn't.

I thought that the stock 19 lb SVT injectors would support 300 HP? There is a set for sale in the classifieds. I kind of had my eye on them... :cool:

Demon did some datalogging awhile back and 24 lb injectors were at 66% duty cycle at 215 whp (~262 bhp). This is about 95% duty cycle with 19 lb injectors. No way you're getting to 300 bhp on 19 lb injectors.

As was posted, on a really well running NA 3 liter the 19# injectors are seeing WAY too much duty cycle.

I'd just as soon pick up the 36 or 42# and skip over the 24's.

u might be right. i just dont know that many on here with FI tours that kept their stock injectors. svtcs come with 19lbs stock right? i personally wouldnt stick with stock if i'm pushing 300whp.

For 300 whp, I would go with 24 lb. For only 230 whp like you mentioned above, I would stay with the 19 lb injectors.

from reading the NPG site the stage one kit is done on the stock tune so you could only run the stock injectors.

Back