• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sqeaking noise in the right front suspension

KRMan

New CEG'er
My daughter has a 1996 Mystique LS with 160,000 miles. 2.5L Duratec V-6 and automatic transmission. She was complaining of a squeaking noise whenever she was making a right turn. After test driving it and confirming the noise, I was suspicious of a strut or bearing problem. We then noticed that the right front tire was seriously underinflated. After the tire was returned to proper inflation, the noise is gone away. My question is, where was the noise coming from? Anti-sway bar bushings?

could be a few things. when ball joints start to go bad, they'll squeak. could be a strut. theres no way of diagnosing your problem without looking at the car

Thanks guys. She lives about 45 minutes away and works two jobs and goes to school. So, it is hard to catch her and et a look under the car. My plan of attack ws to spray the antisway bar bushings to clean and lubricate them. The look around for signs of anything that is worn. Will pay particualr attention to the coil springs.

ford is notorious for making the worst coil springs. 90% of the tauruses that come in have broken springs. could be a very likely possibility

Back