• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

just got home from the hospital

Backseatofacontour

Veteran CEG'er
been having severe stomach pains since sunday didnt think much of it persisted getting worse and worse worked mon and tues on tuesday it was almost unbearable but of course we were busy as hell so i had to suck it up as best i could.came home laid down kept waking up ever 30 minutes everytime i moved sharp pains would pierce thru my stomach so i went to the er wednesday morn only to find out my appendix had to be removed ...pain after the surgery was pretty harsh so they got me on vicodin and im out of work for then next week to ten days while my stomach feels like someone knifed it repeatedly note to all if ya get stomach pains go to the doctor asap...:blackeye:

Mine ruptured when I was 10. Happened so fast. Got sick in the middle of the night and had it removed by 6am. Was in the hospital for a week. I guess now if you catch it before it breaks it's like 2 days in the hospital. Damn that shiz hurt. Guess I was close to dying. When it breaks the poison seeps into your body.

Appendicitis is never something you can shrug off.
Hope you feel better soon - relax knowing you aren't dead.

...my stomach feels like someone knifed it repeatedly...

Well, someone did.

Mine ruptured when I was 10. Happened so fast. Got sick in the middle of the night and had it removed by 6am. Was in the hospital for a week. I guess now if you catch it before it breaks it's like 2 days in the hospital. Damn that shiz hurt. Guess I was close to dying. When it breaks the poison seeps into your body.

My step sister's ruptured too. My actual sister waited in the ER for 10 hours in extreme pain before she was actually admitted. The doctor said she should have gotten there sooner because it was so close to exploding.

And backseat, don't have too much fun with those Vicodin.

yep was stuck in the er for about 7 hrs before i went to the or there was a 3 car crash and 5 people had to go to the er so it was pretty cramped in there

same thing just happened to a friend of mine. We were hanging out at someones house and he kept saying he didn't feel well and ended up leaving early. I got a text from him the next morning saying he was in the hospital after having to go through surgery to get his appendix removed.

hopefully you are doing better. look on the bright side...you'll never have appendicitis again :shrug:

same thing just happened to a friend of mine. We were hanging out at someones house and he kept saying he didn't feel well and ended up leaving early. I got a text from him the next morning saying he was in the hospital after having to go through surgery to get his appendix removed.

hopefully you are doing better. look on the bright side...you'll never have appendicitis again :shrug:

thank god alltho there is a ten day wait to see if the staples completely closed or if its leaking puss

Usually all you have is just a small puncture wound. They don't even do cuts anymore to remove them. Much less severe of a surgery than it used to be.

three incisions ...1 and a half inch at the belly button 2 inches on the right side and a 2 inch on the lower left side near my pelvic area the pain is from the tools moving around inside my stomach

So, That's why I didn't hear from you the other day! Glad you are Ok now, man!

Get a lot of rest, and hopefully I'll see you soon...

Back