• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

superbright festoon license plate bulbs

I'm not sure if you will find the LED bulbs in stores, you need to order them from superbrightleds.com. If your looking for normal replacement bulbs, check out your local automotive store, they should have them.

I just got my bulbs in and they dont seem very bright? They look nice just not as bright as the ones you have in your picture.

How you change 'em? Both Chilton and Hayes show some retaining screws which are - I guess - pre98, since mine ain't got no screws. Should I just use a flat tip screwdriver and pry 'em open like a dome light cover?

I just poped the whole thing out from the back side of the trunk. Theres metal tabs, it's not that difficult, just open the trunk and remove the cover.

yeah, each housing/assembly for the bulbs pops out if you push down on it. I didn't figure that out till about the 6th time messing with them so I was just changing them as is, in the trunklid :blackeye:

As promised. Unfortunately my both OEM bulbs were burned (and I didn't even notice ;) ) so no before and after pix.

Yup, the housing/assy could be just popped out from the back of the trunk, but it can also be removed by inserting a flat tip s/d from outside as well.

820_License%20Plate%20Bulb.JPG

Out of force of habit ;) I ordered mine from SuperBrightLeds. They got only one option - 4 LED bulb. Still much cheaper than Polarg.

820_License%20Plate%20LED.JPG

Voila:

820_License%20Plate%20Bulb%20at%20Night.JPG

Those look nice. On CT plates, it fades from blue on the top to white on the bottom so the White LED bulbs actually look a bit blueish :cry:

Back