• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mondeos coming to the States

After that though, they have been phenomenally reliable cars... Pretty much every Focus with the Zetec engine since 2002 has been great, with very little problems.
Inserted bold for correction. The head on the SPI engine doesn't like to keep it's valve seats in place much longer than 80K miles. :help:

Inserted bold for correction. The head on the SPI engine doesn't like to keep it's valve seats in place much longer than 80K miles. :help:

That's strange you mentioned it. My dad's SPI just took a crap at 80k about a month ago. He suspects it was the valve seat fell out. Funny that he had a valve job about a week before the failure so their insurance covered what they valued that engine at; which was halfway to the reman long block he got from Steve at Tousley :cool:

I would have to agree the SPI is the bottom of the barrel for Focus engines. The duratec and SVT zetec seem pretty good though.

Thats strange you say that because everyone I talk to seems to say that the GTO and now the new G8 have some of the best interiors of any Pontiac ever built?

And I'm agreeing with that. Holden has done a great job with them whereas Pontiac probably would have dropped the ball.

[FONT=&quot]I can speak from my personal experience about Mondeo and my 2 Contours. My brother owned Mondeos since they came out in 93. He has a company fleet back home and could not be happier with reliability of these cars. He's gone through MK1, MK2 and now on MK3, and I'm pretty sure he'll go for MK4 once it's time to change his fleet. When I came to Canada my mother was already here and was driving a Contour. As per advise from my brother it was the car she picked. In 97 I've purchased my SE. One thing you notice immediately is the corners cut producing the Contour. Not the same materials used compared to its euro brother, just felt cheap in everything. Sure it was good to me, but I looked after it twice as hard as my brother would have. It's a well-engineered car, but Americans gave it to accountants to finish it. When the new Mondeo comes here I just hope they have enough common sense not to fug it up like they did with Contour. Then perhaps I'll consider going back to Ford dealer, before looking at its Japanese and euro counterparts.[/FONT]

Thats strange you say that because everyone I talk to seems to say that the GTO and now the new G8 have some of the best interiors of any Pontiac ever built?

Anyone can build a nice dash and wrap a seat in fine leather :laugh:

The problem with the GTO is the Holden platform is one of the worst bases ever built. Numerous flaws with structure and suspension, under-engineered supports (even in the GTO).

That being said it is one fast :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:! and cheap too! but you could always put a LS6 in Nova and get better results, in a car that will last another 30 years.

My 2 cents, Chas.

The problem with the GTO is the Holden platform is one of the worst bases ever built. Numerous flaws with structure and suspension, under-engineered supports (even in the GTO).

Thats the first time I've heard that. All I ever heard was praise for that chassis until it actually came to the states.

okay so what annoucement did mullaly make???

okay so what annoucement did mullaly make???

well, i heard about suv/truck plants being converted to build cars and the increase in hybrid production starting next yr...but

were there any annoucements regarding the euro fords this morning??? i haven't been able to find any current info so far :shrug:

well, i heard about suv/truck plants being converted to build cars and the increase in hybrid production starting next yr...but

were there any announcements regarding the euro fords this morning??? i haven't been able to find any current info so far :shrug:

Heard it on CFRB 1010 local radio business report that Ford is set to bring most european models to states by 2012. Retool truck and SUV lines to mid-size and small vehicle production. Invest into alternative powered vehicles development and production for 2020.

Back