• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Impromptu Photoshoot w/my SVT and Cougar

Suba Blu

Hard-core CEG'er
Well I started out on this board as a Cougar owner and later ended up purchasing 2 SVT Contours... I recently sold the Cougar and its currently awaiting pick up from the new owner..

I figured I would hate myself later if I never got a picture of the 2 together.. I purchased the SVT Contour as my daily driver and have come to absolutely love this car..

I also have another SVT Contour that looks almost idential (has a custom 1 off hood w/grafted Mustang scoop) but still has hail damage that has not yet been fixed.

7.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Unfortunately neither car is freshly washed.. the SVT needs a bath pretty badly but I figured I would share the pics as most have not seen the car now that it got repainted after the hail damage was repaired.

Last edited:
im praying that Cougar has a Turbo 3L to back up the outrageous looks.

I dont know... I almost hate to say it.. but I REALLY like the styling of that, its really cleanly done. Props to your cougar and SVT. I love them both.

Thanks for sharing and good pics!

Also, interested in selling your hood off your SVT! :) My car goes in for Repaint in the next week and I could get it painted all at the same time! Please sell me it. I want! Where did you get it? Is it painted fiberglass? I have seen many aftermarket hoods for SVT's, but that I like, it is dead sexy! Let me know...

Reebs

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing and good pics!

Also, interested in selling your hood off your SVT! :) My car goes in for Repaint in the next week and I could get it painted all at the same time! Please sell me it. I want! Where did you get it? Is it painted fiberglass? I have seen many aftermarket hoods for SVT's, but that I like, it is dead sexy! Let me know...

Reebs

beautiful hood. Its even better in the CF flavor ;)

yah I agree... I think I'm the only one here with the Evo Fiberglass hood..

Not sure about the CF versions but my fiberglass one fits fantastic... same with latching... I've never had a hood that didnt require any modifications to the latch or pins because I had to remove the latch or maybe all the Cougar hoods just suck balls.

thanks for all the comments thus far -- I didn't expect everyone to love the Cougar.. you either absolutely hate it.. or love it.. the paint colors in person are beautiful though and hard to capture with a camera the amount of pearl and color shift.

Nice rides!

Hey, for the guys that want a fiberglass Evo style hood. here you go.
http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/...ss_hoods/extreme_dimensions/extr00080365.html

That seems ridiculously cheap! $170.00 !?!??! Plus, it says it is for 95-00... i think I read some threads where people were confused by this... Anyone wanna shed some light on this for me because I would really like one. Also, for anyone who has bought it from there, let me know about the customer service/fit/shipping time. etc...

Thanks, and sorry for filling up this thread with my own stuff.

Jeff

there was a thread about this earlier.. someone claimed that when they called Andy's Autosport they said that they no longer carry anything for the Ford Contour regardless of year.

I know that when I got mine it was the only one in the container from overseas and the place I bought mine from said that it normally takes 6-8 months for another to arrive if there was anything wrong with mine when I looked at it.

I really like that cougar alot too. I kind of dislike stock cougars but with a good body kit I think they are nice looking coupes. Also, I don't think some cars NEEED to have sick engines to compliment loud paint schemes. I mean sure it's nice to have a complete package, but if that' not one's focus, then who cares? Maybe you are really into car audio and electronics, so you build a sweet ICE show car out of your hyundai excel. You don't have to cram an LS1 in there.

I love that evo style hood! both your cars are beautiful!! :drool:

my fav. cf evo hood definetly has to be xchangs :drool:

508170_40_full.jpg

I thought about painting the hood like that and using the same IS300 Grey which is on the Coug for the insert and the roof and trunklid but thought it would look odd..

Love that pic though... had I had the chance to score one of the EVO hoods in CF earlier I would have done it.

I'm gonna miss that cougar :cry: That thing was badass. Normally I don't like anything with a wing and a bodykit, but that thing had style. :cool: Too bad you didn't know about Tony's CF evo hood that I shoulda bought ( I almost bought it when I bought the car, but didn't like the look of an all black hood. Then, at SZ, I saw Chang's and wanted to do something like that to it, but it was already sold to EuroTour :cry::cry::cry: )

I dont know... I almost hate to say it.. but I REALLY like the styling of that, its really cleanly done. Props to your cougar and SVT. I love them both.
I feel the same. I normally hate show cars but for some reason the paint job just looks great on this one! The color combo is perfect, especially for a 'cougar.'

that cougar is real loud, but at least its different. every contour you see here is the same look, even mine. some sort of rims, susually 5 spokes.....a mirko, something on the headlights, usually eyebrows......some mesh, and people with a couple spare $$ might have a hood, but there's only like 2 styles so everyone has the same ones..... would you please take that silver SVTC and do something different with it? i know i'm going to try, hopefully it will be nice in the spring.

Back