• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new to town

loggerbomb

Hard-core CEG'er
well finally got all moved. Now located in north Waterloo. Got almost everything unpacked, just have to organize the second bedroom/compter room. I been basically down in the area for the last month or so, staying at the gf's parents place, so not terribly unfamiliar with the area.

I was just wondering one thing though. I was wondering if anyone local knew of a cheaper computer place where I could pick up a new monitor that had hookups for RCA cables (to play my playstation) I am also trying to update my computer and looking for some RAM. Though I dont know what is compatible with my pentium 3. (as in pins or sd or ddram)

IIRC I think you need 128 pin ram. Been a while. Ram speed will be like 133 or so as instead of say 333, 400, or 533 for example. As for a monitor. Look for a lcd televison that has a VGA input. This would solve both needs for you for not to bad a price depending on size.

yeah i did figure out the ram thing. Spent a couple hours reading up on it, been a while so was rusty on some of it. Funny enough I searched on Ebay and found exactly what I needed and got it for dirt cheap.

As for the monitor thing, I would love to go out and buy a larger one, but cash is tight. I should look around ebay for another deal!

You may have luck scoping some places near the universities because they cater to starving students, but the flipside is they can equally rip people off because a lot of students can't go store-to-store and find the best prices.

There's usually a place by the Chapters/Canadian Tire on King St., in the strip of stores where there's a Jiffy Lube. I usually see big signs with cheap desktops and used monitors. Might also try buying new, in case some stores are having early Christmas specials and are dropping prices galore.

I was just wondering one thing though. I was wondering if anyone local knew of a cheaper computer place where I could pick up a new monitor that had hookups for RCA cables (to play my playstation) I am also trying to update my computer and looking for some RAM. Though I dont know what is compatible with my pentium 3. (as in pins or sd or ddram)

Check out www.canadacomputers.com
great prices and they have a bunch of stores too.

I second that emotion

well i got some ram from ebay, just waiting for it to come in the mail. Though if and when i finally go bigger and better, ill be trying to build my own, justtrying to read up on all the fun facts and tidbits. Right now it would be a challenge, but I dont plan on having to do it for a while, unless my computer craps right out. IM getting some acpi errors, so with any luck my power supply will stay put, though i geuss if it does crap out it wuld be good experience to have to put a new one in

Back