• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New shift knob...BALLIN!

haha neat, especially since it's a Mazdaspeed3.

istockphoto_1803807_gold_star_2.jpg

haha neat, especially since it's a Mazdaspeed3. That worked out all too perfectly.
It'd look better if it was the same red as everything else, but then it wouldn't be a billiards ball anymore, and that'd kinda ruin the fun of it.
Pics don't do it justice....it matches the red better in person (*cough* my camera sucks).

You would think some of the Mazda guys would get it (posted the pics there too) but most of them don't. Oh well.:laugh::shrug:

I think it's pretty cool. Maybe people would like it more if you put an 8 ball in there?? :shrug: :laugh:

hey hector, i have a serious question for you.

is the knob on the speed3 weighted like on the rx8? if so, what is the shift feel like with a lighter knob... or is that thing really a pool ball?

Love the concept, But dont like the color/look of the ball.. Looks to be done very well.... Maybe a smaller ball woulda looked better? Heh....

Lovin the skull cig lighter LOL

- amyn

hey hector, i have a serious question for you.

is the knob on the speed3 weighted like on the rx8? if so, what is the shift feel like with a lighter knob... or is that thing really a pool ball?
Speed3 knob is weighted. Yes, it is a real pool ball, but it is a little lighter than the stocker. Feels good with a some weight taken off.:shrug:

Speed3 knob is weighted. Yes, it is a real pool ball, but it is a little lighter than the stocker. Feels good with a some weight taken off.:shrug:

hmmm.... where'd you get the knob from? i've been looking for a round knob that has some weight to it, but most of the ones i've come across are metal, which gets hot as balls.

besides, an eight-ball would work with my car. :laugh:

Yes, I know, but he was saying people don't like it. Some ricers/gangsta wannabe's put 8 ball shifters in their cars. I said that as a joke that maybe people would like it more then! :laugh:

Nice:laugh:. I got it. I just wasn't sure if you made the connection. My bad:cool:

Back