• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Had a good 4th of July painting the Roush rims....

PHilly

Hard-core CEG'er
The paint when i got these was chipped it a few places so i planned on painting them the same color, but after thinking about it for a while i decided on a light grey with lots of metalic. I also sanded the aluminum lip and spayed a clear coat over it so cleaning them would be a whole lot easier (these wheels are a total :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: to clean). Well, here are some before and afters. My tires will be here monday and I'll follow up with some pics of them on the car.
0704081351.jpg

Half way there....

0704081352a.jpg

and now all done.....

0704081557a_0001.jpg

0704081548.jpg

Oh, because someone will probably ask, I bought 225/45HR-17 Kumho Ecsta AST XL

Man, I have been looking for a set of those for SO LONG NOW...

When I first read that you were painting them, I was a little sick; but you've actually done an EXCELLENT JOB. Looks fantastic.

Thanks! I almost went with a darker color, but last minute decided on that color. I wish they were 18's but tires are cheaper for the 17'' so i can't complain too much. I can't wait to get these on the car. 3 coats of clear really looks good, the pics don't do them justice (camera phone).

question:

how the heck did you accomplish getting a clean even coat of clear on the lip? There is like NO room where the spokes touch the rim.

I bet masking that area was a real PITA too :laugh:

question:

how the heck did you accomplish getting a clean even coat of clear on the lip? There is like NO room where the spokes touch the rim.

I bet masking that area was a real PITA too :laugh:

I adjusted the sprayer nozzel so that helped, but i'm sure its not perfect. Masking was a pain, but only took me like 10-15 min. per rim to mask. Sanding was definately the worst part.

i have only seen one set in person and ill tell ya i dont like the wheel style one bit. You however did an amasing job painting those! They look amazing!

Do the centercaps have a Roush logo? The look nice!

When i bought them they didn't come with any so not sure on that one. I've been looking for a set, but pretty hard to find. I've been trying to figure out if the svt center caps would fit, but i bet not.

Thanks everyone for the compliments, the hours and hours i put in must have been worth it:laugh:

Just for fun, here is a pic of some fun on a mini bike my friends and i were having yesturday...
0705081456_0001.jpg

rode that one for like 100ft or so:laugh:

Back