• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

battery tie down/mirko question

ronssvt

Hard-core CEG'er
alright guys/gals I did a search for this and couldn't come up with any answers. now that I have been getting into autocrossing alot lately I noticed I have a problem I need to get fixed. when getting my car inspected for tech it was brought to my attention that the battery was loose even though it was bolted down as tight as it could be. Now I really don't wanna do the whole battery relocation thing so I am looking for ideas on how to get the battery more tightened down so it passes tech with no problems. I was looking at the mirko battery tie downs but it seems there more for show then anything else. is this true or do they actually hold your battery down alot more?

Well if you cant tighten them down to stop the wiggling then you may want to go get a universal hold down kit and get all new rods/bolts and slide something under the battery to raise it just a touch so it will lock down.

are you using the correct size battery? I have never heard of the tie down not holding the battery tight.

also what battery try do you have, metal or plastic?

hmm I will have to check that as well, do you guys know exactly what model number battery I should have?

hmm I will have to check that as well, do you guys know exactly what model number battery I should have?

your kidding right? how many batteries are out there with how many different sizes ....

motorcraft should be a BXT-40R or a BLT-40R iirc. In an optima it would be a 34R.

otherwise see what autozone, advance, napa say online ...

um ok sorry I just figured there where lots of different sizes for various cars no need to get angered by my questions, thanks for the help though brapple I will check it out today.

Back