• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

V is for...

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
1995 Volvo 940

P6300246.jpg

P6300247.jpg

P6300249.jpg

P6300248.jpg

P6300250.jpg

P6300251.jpg

P6300252.jpg

P6300254.jpg

V is also for 5, as in this is our 5th car. We have officially caught up to Elky in registered vehicles! (not that it's a competition or anything).

Oh and for the amusement of some - V is for
vmovie.jpg
so the car's name is Evey. :laugh:

ok so enough fooling around, here's some background.
The truck needed a break from beater status (and gas guzzling), so we decided to use it only for big jobs and super bad snow driving.
The Volvo went up for sale at a dealership near our house for cheap, so we jumped on it.
Kinda funny to replace a beater with a beater. meh

The Volvo has 116,000 miles on her and almost zero body rust (one ding guard is kinda effed, but that's about it).
We've had to put some money into it for some maintenance items. Radiator had a leak that we didn't see when we bought it, so that was replaced.
Needed rear brakes and new brake lines, so that's done. Oil was changed last weekend, and tranny fluid will be changed this week.
All in all, despite being a 4 cyl. automatic, it's been a decent car so far, and we're hoping it'll serve us well.
It did grocery duty for the first time last night. I never thought I'd enjoy a station wagon so much. So easy to load groceries! lol

Last edited:
Wagons are awesome. There are some sharp ones out on the road these days too.

Anyway, love the old brick. The rear facing seat is da bomb!

It doesn't have anything on a Subaru wagon....and have you watched that movie yet? :laugh:

And yes, wagons rock for hauling things around.

Tint those windows! that thing's got to be like a greenhouse!

nice pick-up...I love euro-wagons :eek:

I secretly love that car. Just wait till Linds sees this thread. Oh god she's a Volvo FREAK.

We both chuckled to ourselves when we bought it for that reason alone.
If it turns out we dont want it anymore, she can buy it off of us.

lol the clock. When I first drove the car, I was like "wtf is that gauge for" then I was like "oh yeah, derr". :laugh:

Mike has been reading a lot on the brick boards and apparently the rear facing seat is kinda rare. He's seen some posts about people trying to buy them for their own cars.
Definitely not a seat for adults back there. We tried. lol

And yes I finally saw V for Vendetta. rouar bought it for us. :)

Mike has been reading a lot on the brick boards and apparently the rear facing seat is kinda rare. He's seen some posts about people trying to buy them for their own cars.
Definitely not a seat for adults back there. We tried. lol
It's a wicked fun seat (my parents had it in their Taurus wagons) but I can't recommend sitting in it. Way back in elementary school, my friend's mother had a Taurus wagon and was smashed by a dump truck. The entire back was simply crushed in -- it did not have the same safety protections as the rest of the vehicle. I'm not sure if Volvo is any different, but in the Taurus it just crumpled.

Tint those windows! that thing's got to be like a greenhouse!

nice pick-up...I love euro-wagons :eek:

Yeah, it gets toasty in there, and those seats don't help to cool you off. The A/C is down right now, but it’s on the fix-it list.

My parents had a Mercury Zephyr in the 80's with the rear fold down seat. (omg what a pile that car was)
The seat wasn't as elaborate as this Volvo's. Less cushioning and lack of seat belts.
But as kids, we friggin loved it.
My younger brother and I discovered we were both small enough to hide back there with the seat closed down.

That is it, we are having a station wagon showdown. Legacy vs 940. Let the photos begin.....now I have to go take them.

The entire back was simply crushed in -- it did not have the same safety protections as the rest of the vehicle. I'm not sure if Volvo is any different, but in the Taurus it just crumpled.

That is why every time I see a Volvo equiped with one of those seats driving around with two kids in it, I just shake my head at how stupid the parents are :nonono:

Welcome to the Volvo side :) That car will last another 300K miles. My wifes 240 is over 240K on the clock, Zero rust and runs perfect. They dont build them like that anymore :(

Have Fun,
Matt

Back