• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My Whip!??

I wish I wasn't such a noob but I guess it takes time to get to you guys status!

I say do what was said before and do the lim and uim cleaning and rebuild, intact and exaust. But that's where it starts soon you'll want a 3L :laugh:

newb to contours, yes. newb to modding cars in general, not a chance, I have been in the car scene for the last 10 years of my life modifying my cars and no im not talking about stickers and exhaust tips I have done tranny swaps, clutches, turbos, you name it I have probably worked on it with my previous cars and buddies cars.

newb to contours, yes. newb to modding cars in general, not a chance, I have been in the car scene for the last 10 years of my life modifying my cars and no im not talking about stickers and exhaust tips I have done tranny swaps, clutches, turbos, you name it I have probably worked on it with my previous cars and buddies cars.

Have you ever donked a car? If so I could really use your help. This is the style I think I'm going for with my SVT. That being said, anyone know where I can get a 12" lift kit for our contours, I need to clear these 30" rims I just bought for her.

rides_donk.jpg

Have you ever donked a car? If so I could really use your help. This is the style I think I'm going for with my SVT. That being said, anyone know where I can get a 12" lift kit for our contours, I need to clear these 30" rims I just bought for her.

rides_donk.jpg

Psssssssssssh. I see those in Flint all of the time. :laugh:

rides_donk.jpg

I got the hook up dog those donked cars are all over the place around here is eazy peazy to get her done :laugh:

Remove the headlights.

Polish the lenses with grade 1 Meguairs remover. If they are really bad then use 3M's scratch/haze remover. Make sure your towel (removal cloth) is wet.

Once polished use a small drill bit to drill out the heat (welded/swedged) tab holding in the reflector. It will not take much to do this. The less hole size the better.

Once the reflector is free. (might need a screw driver to "pop" it free) Move it to the headlight bulb opening and break it up with a pair of dykes. Remove the pieces at your leisure.

Fill the hole made by the loss of the reflector (I.E. drill holes) with a silver RTV.

Presto you have no corner reflector lights without boiling the units to do it manually. The cleaner way is boiling and that is another longer DIY. I'm lazy and did it my way. I do admit the other way is better.

Back