• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New motor and some progress!

Well this post makes me feel better, I'm still a noob and don't know many people but I do know OB did my 3L swap! And the car runs great!

Icy I do love the car I'm sure it'll really look good all cleaned up! I love the wheels and the hood i want!!:laugh:
I hope it looks a little better cleaned up than it does now!

Trey I don't know what happened but in all the ruckus your engine ended up in Tims car! :shrug:

100_3039.jpg

100_3042.jpg

my engine my wheels what else!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I guess if i happen to repo the wheels ill just get the car and all since it is attached and all right:crazy:

Yeah I've got to check my bro's camera b/c I can't seem to find the internal engine pics but my daughter might have had my cam & I grabbed my bro's or my dads. I've got everything back bolted down except the front cover & I've got to pull your engine & swap everything over to your new one.

100_3054.jpg

The engine coming out of Strothers car before yours got in there!

Pictures027.jpg

Last edited:
I have no idea what a spec stage 1 is supposed to look like lol so does anyone see anything wrong with the clutch pp or flywheel? :help:

Only thing I noticed is that the clutch disc looks to be about 50% :shrug:

Maybe 300 in THAT car. :shrug: I have no idea what its suppose to look like either.
its hard to tell by the pics and I havent talked to Ob1 yet. I havent got a clue what a spec 1 looks like. i have only seen 2 spec 3's according to the fs add he said they only had 300 miles and they were installed brand new.:shrug:

Well, I shouldn't talk because after I bought my SVT in April of 06 the clutch was slipping by August :laugh: Now it wasn't that strong when I got it, but that was my first stick car, although I had driven other people's cars. When pole pulled it, it wasn't pretty :nonono: IDK how much longer that will last, but since you already know how to drive stick, it might last a little while

Back