• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally doing a 3L

I can't verify part #s, but I have accel yellow wires that have lasted 7 years with no problems.....

I can't verify part #s, but I have accel yellow wires that have lasted 7 years with no problems.....

I'm not sure what wires i have on there now, but they've been on there for about 3-4 years with no problems. I believe they're Autolite. If i don't have to replace them I won't because like you said its started to add up and where ever i can save a couple bucks i will. :blackeye:

Well there's no turning back now. Just picked up a 04 Taurus w/44k and some ported 3L heads from Blackcoog all ready for my intake manifolds. Thanks Blackcoog you're a life savor. So I'm going with the hybrid now which should be alot easier thanks to those heads. I'm starting to gather all the misc gaskets and other parts and the price tag for this swap is going up:blackeye: Hopefully i can get everything up and running by the middle of August. If anyone is in need of a 3L head, since i won't need the one thats coming with the engine, let me know. I'll be trying to unload it ASAP.

It's not just you but i want to clear things up

hybridil9.jpg

Hold your comments on the drawing its 2am and im half awake lol

My engine and ported heads finally made it to Dan's place

04 Taurus 44k miles
001Engine.jpg

002Engine.jpg

Heads (Bugzuki plates in the background):

003Heads.jpg

That's awesome. I was wondering what was going on with your build. How much was you 3L again? Looks clean :drool:

the engine itself was $300 but i had to end up having it shipped so with that and taxes it came up to $480 i think. The build is coming along. I just got to get the other part from Bill and the car to Dan and its should be underway. Still waiting to receive my BAT sway bar and some other misc parts i want to get done at the same time.

Update- Got a box filled with goodies from Tousley Ford, decided to dedicate some time to stripping the donor engine down:

007EngineStripped.jpg

008EngineStripped.jpg

Extras (these are all yours to pick up, LilCe):

009EngineParts.jpg

Trimmed off the tabs so the 2.5L alt. bracket will fit:

010Trimmed.jpg

A fine thing happened while I was removing that totally freakin' ghey-a$$ Taurus balancer.

I heated the balancer up with my MAPP gas torch after cutting into and soaking the threads with PB Blaster. Then I wedged the flexplate to keep it from moving, and with my mother-in-law STANDING on the engine stand (as counter-balast!), I put a 6' cheater bar on the damn thing (this was after I removed the reverse-threaded pulley), there was this gigantic <POP>, and this is what I found:

011Broke.jpg

012Broke.jpg

013Broke.jpg

014Broke.jpg

Ford: Quality is Job... Umm... Wait... What?

Holy :censored::censored::censored::censored: man! All you guys having trouble with getting your pullys off the 3Ls is making me love mine more :) - At least it's off..... damn

Back