• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pro-M MAF question

svt3.oh

New CEG'er
So I bought a used Pro-M MAF off a '00 SVT and it was calibrated for stock injectors and such. I have a '98 SVT stock minus the 3.0l swap. Do I need to get it recalibrated, and if so does anyone have the contat info for Pro-M?

Because you can make probably a solid 2-3 more hp with the pro-m :)

You're going to need a tune anyway so I'd just have them use the 00SVT MAF cal and then work from there to get your fuel trims correct.

Unless you have the calibration sheet that comes with the MAF... that will make the tuners life easier although it will no doubt still need some tweaking.

Why would you not keep the stock MAF? :shrug:
Both answers are correct.

If you bought this MAF without the supplied datasheet you are going to spend extra time tuning in the MAF curve. That is if you also have self tuning ability. Otherwise you are SOL.

If you did get the supplied datasheet then make damn sure the new transfer function gets added to the custom chip/XCal2 you are going to need. Then your fine tuning of the MAF curve won't take as long.

Then again any change to the intake tract requires fine tuning of the MAF curve. A sorely forgotten area of most all tuning.

If you happen to luck out. Its either a hit or miss with Pro-M. Either way, I agree. If your going to have to retune anyway, theres no point in a Pro-M since that defeats the whole purpose. Not to mention, getting ahold of the original datasheet may be a pain since there are "who knows how many" calibrations for that particular MAF. Cant go wrong with tuning with the stock MAF. If its anything like the Lightning MAF, im sure there is only one calibration.

Hmmm.. I had a Pro-M on my car and I still have the data sheet. I guess I should use that as a selling point :p since I have it sitting on a shelf in the basement.

Even if you have the data sheet or a stock MAF unless you have the stock airbox and everything stock a couple feet before and after the MAF I can pretty much guarantee the transfer function will be off... as Demon noted.

I am one of those people that likes to do the little things to make more power... i mean.. I optimized my secondaries.. I mean.. why not? :)

Anyway... important points have all been made.. MAF good w/ proper MAF calibration, Bad w/o.

What ever happend to Pro Flow anyway? Their website is gone and phone number has been disconnected... were they purchased by another company or simply gone out of business?

Back