• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Domestic Driver Magazine needs submissions!

domesticdriver

New CEG'er
First off I'd like to say hi as I am new to this forum.

With the completion of our November/December issue we are looking for submissions for our January/February issue of Domestic Driver. All submissions are due by December 1st.

This is great opportunity to show off your car in a online magazine layout!

Go to the Submit page of our web site here http://www.domesticdriver.com/submit.html for more information.

We are looking for all types of submissions so really take a look at the submit page to see what kinds of things we accept.

Read the post, and the sig.. it is an E-Zine. Electronic magazine.

Do you have a rocket strapped to your back? Are you REALLY a rocketman?

no? I see...

E-zines are a VERY popular thing.. do a little research.

It's not just an email. It's a PDF sent to you bi-monthly. You can download two free test drive issues on our home page. It's more interactive then a ordinary magazine. Also we are not limited to the amount of pages that we can afford to print. We can make a much larger and better magazine this way.

Yeah, chill out there rocketman, no need for things like that, besides, members on here love to flame people making comments such as yours, then you'll get in a flame war and maybe get banned or decide to leave, and we need all the members we can get to keep this community up to date and fun.

On topic: Welcome, Domesticdriver, it's awesome that you are considering putting Contiques in your mag, they really are a blast to drive, even non-svt's like mine. I'm sure as time passes, more members will look at this thread, and maybe even submit. If you'd like, you can even PM some people, look in the Pics and Vids section for the '07 Calender pics thread, there are a ton of beautiful Contiques, and beautiful images in there, I'm sure if you PM'd some of the people who have some of the ones you like they'd be more than happy to hook you up with some pics and specs. Good luck man!

im not here to start anything and i didnt mean to to sound rude but its not really a mag.
i love my car mags. i lovr to pick it up read through it look at the pics and its a great thing to put in the bathroom and read later.
so im sorry about the rudeness im here for the love of my car

Awesome e-zine! It's nice to see something that gives equal billing to all decent American cars. I was happy to see the Fiero in the March/April '06 issue, because I've always had a thing for them. I'll subscribe tonight.

Domesticdriver, since you haven't mentioned it, I assume your magazine hasn't had anything about Contours. Now that you've made yourself known here, you're bound to get submissions soon.

Hey man, no worries, we're all here for the love of the car, I wasn't trying to yell at you or anything, I'm just saying that there are some "touchy" members here that might try to start something.

Domesticdriver, since you haven't mentioned it, I assume your magazine hasn't had anything about Contours. Now that you've made yourself known here, you're bound to get submissions soon.

That is correct. We haven't had any contours yet. Hopefully we will get some submissions for this Jan/Feb issue.

Should Contours be considered "Domestic" for this Mag? My '96 Contour was built totally in Mexico.
Both mine were built in KC. But anyways, yes. A domestic is anything under Ford, GM, or Chrysler (even with their new company), and other things like saleen,etc.

We are based out of Baltimore, MD.

Also check out our signature to see what Domestic Driver considers domestic. Even though we realize some cars are made in mexico and Canada we still cover them at our discretion.

Our Jan/Feb issue will be available in January. We are now looking for submissions for the March/April issue!

Back