• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Got the 3L Dyno Tuned

imurdaddytoo sport

Veteran CEG'er
Dyno.jpg

A little less then I expected but the car also runs a lot better now.

why did it stop at 6k?

194 tq
186 hp.

Those arn't that bad of numbers. They could be alittle higher.
I would throw a larger tb on there IMHO. The 3L's seem to respond real well to an opt 65mm tb. You don't have headers listed, if that is on stock pre-cats then you are showing good numbers.

A straight 3 liter taurus motor with just manifolds puts down 197whp and 204wtq with a tune. I am not sure if he is making the power he should though every setup is different. joey

one thing to keep in mind is that Logan Motorsports uses a dynapack dyno. they typically give numbers that are about 10% less than a dynojet dyno.

that would put him at ~206HP and 215 TQ

FWIW, my turbo Zetec put down 200HP and 220 TQ on this same dyno

BTW no headers as of now, looking for a used set soon and if i dont get them Joey you will soon have a pm............ anyone wanna help this an install?

I just went with the flip chip that they carry, I know ppl will rag on me for it but I dont need an xcal2 so i went w/ the cheaper one, and yes Todras its marks/alexs/jeffs old car so it has the 3L cams. Sunny you should definently get it tuned, my car runs 10X better now and I'm not really too afraid to hammer it anymore

Just FYI, those stock manifolds are gutted, better than full stock but not as great as headers!

plus 280$ for the chip so 580$ total about, it was a little less for me b/c i know them but thats about what it'll be for you, I would just go with the chip, and yes mine was running rich as hell and i was getting about 15 mpg, now im seeing about 22

Back