• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Molded SVT Side Skirts

keithr

Veteran CEG'er
Hey,
Ok, I have had enough with loosing these stupid jack point covers and they are pretty useless as you dont need them to jack up the car anyhow, so I have decided to start molding mine in. Sorry, no picks yet, but will follow tommorro. :cool:

bagged had them a while ago. looked really hot, i've thought about it but ever since I got a flat last year I just can't chance not having a jack point :)

If you use jackstands, then you don't need removable jackpoint covers. If you mold in something else just so it runs along the front of the skirt and part of the bottom, there is still room to fit a jackstand. And to jack up the car...use the subframe!

I've never taken a jackpoint off in the four years I've owned the car. I've jacked it up plenty of times, never had clearance issues where I NEEDED to remove the covers.

No Razzi's,

No Razzi's,

LOL, no Razzi's, Im giving those to Wes as promised. As for the molding, I am using the jack point covers, I dont care about the money. As for the harness, If I could put it in myself it would be done!:nonono::nonono::cool::cool:
Pics to follow tonight, Promise. Keith

still in the rough stage. sanded and primed pics to follow tonight. Cheers, Keith.:cool:

DSCI0001.jpg

I have done a couple sets already and they have all turned out excellent. I will be offering this as a service to anyone that is interested. $75.00 a side.
Never loose a side skirt again. for a $100.00 a side and I will mold, prep, paint and prime them to match.

Back