• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Wrecked my car...

JesusFreak

Hard-core CEG'er
Inching out into traffic to make a left turn, when my front bumper was literally 4 inches into the turn lane for oncoming traffic, if at all, lady locks up her brakes, and her Lexus SUV pulled to her right, and right into the front bumper of my car. Her car needs a new tie rod, a new tire(blown) and her bumper painted... my car needs a new radiator, front bumper cover, bumper support, and a few other things I am sure, here is the carnage:

The bumper looks better then it did as we tried to pull the dent and put it back on to drive it home, until we saw the radiator fluidwe then said screw it... we went and rented a car dolley, and pulled her home!

16614120586.jpg

16614120560.jpg

16614120618.jpg

16614120686.jpg

I am jsut glad it was the GL, and not my wifes SVT...

mystiquevltwin said:
Yikes...looks like the frame may be a bit tweaked too :blackeye:

Yep. I'm betting it's toast. That really sucks. Some people just plain shouldn't be allowed to drive anything bigger than a pedal car. Her. Not you. I'm assuming. Could be you too. Don't know you. If I did I could say for sure. :D

Glad you're all right. Hopefully she'll be found at fault. But if you were encroaching on her lane...could be you.

Yep. I'm betting it's toast. That really sucks. Some people just plain shouldn't be allowed to drive anything bigger than a pedal car. Her. Not you. I'm assuming. Could be you too. Don't know you. If I did I could say for sure. :D

Glad you're all right. Hopefully she'll be found at fault. But if you were encroaching on her lane...could be you.

I was at fault... the only thing that sucks is it would have been avoided had she never hit her brakes... she hit the very corner of my bumper, on the white line seperating the two lanes... i wasn't even in her lane... but oh well, nobody was hurt, and thats what really matters, but now I need to find another good car!

so why do you need to find another car? Did they total that? Or you just need a temp ride.

Not only is it bent, the engine doesnt really run the same as it was before the wreck, I don;t know if something is damaged internally r what, but I gotta igure it out... and its probably totalled from what my mechanic told me!

Yeah kyle we had a good day saturday i'll get the pics posted of my truck towing the GL..LOL..

Well, spoke with the insurance adjuster today, the car isnt totalled which is good. The fender needs replaced, the front bumper cover(duh), the bumper reinforcement, and the radiator... and I need to bend the hood latch back... so all in all, about 300 bucks worth of junkyard parts, and a 1000 dollar check in my hand to do it all, so works out rather well for me!
I'll post pics when i get her fixed...

No mention by the adjuster of the off-kilter front end? :ponder:

Yeah, its not really off kilter, the latch to the hood is bent making the hood look like it needs to be aligned, and the fender became didconnected so its sticking up a little... She was good, she saw things that I overlooked!

I will get a picture of the fender tomorrow so you understand what I am saying cause its hard to describe...

I took some measurments jsut to be sure, and the distance between the headlights is exactly the same ass my and my wifes svt, same thing with furthur up the fender...

The fender is over the top of the headlight because the top layer of sheet metal is now disconnected from the bottom layer, if i sit on it (putting weight on it) it finds its normal resting spot, however wont stay there.

Back