• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

how many circlips with wheel bearings?

hmouta

CEG'er
anyone change their own wheel bearings? do u recall if there was an inner and outer circlip? i only have the inner circlip but no outer. and one didnt come out with the hub when i pressed out the hub. ford cd says remove inner and outer. i can see the lining where an outer circlip would go in the knuckle's bore. i've had the car since 11k miles. i doubt the first owner changed wheel bearings and forgot to put the outer circlip back.

I have done quite a few wheel bearings between Contours and Cougars, and it seems like a guessing game whenever you press the hubs out of the bearings...

Sometimes you get just the inner, and sometimes you get the inner and outer...

Really weird... I questioned that on NECO a long time ago and no one knew for sure.

i think its almost a pre/post 98 thing. all of my families pre98 had two rings while the post 98s had one

ok thats what i was wondering. i'm going to see if the local dealer has them. hopefully they arent morons and know what i'm talking about.

how do i do that. when i click reply, i see emoticons then options for sig, then attach files, thread notification and rating

how do i do that. when i click reply, i see emoticons then options for sig, then attach files, thread notification and rating

go to the bottom of thread and look for the tag box, if you click edit it will let you ad tags.

Back