• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tint

Goonz SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
123-1.jpg

Ive been harrased to the point where it will be wise if I revert back to 35% because this is my 5th warning regarding tint, all in different towns. :nonono: To all those that think tint is awesome, it really is, but do the legal limit..Im sick and tired of this :blackeye:

You get pulled over a lot! And even after the harrassment thing!

One good thing about having a stock vehicle I suppose, I've been pulled over once and that was for speeding on 290 (got a warning).

yea, im getting awfully sick of it really. My mom put it best, she was like its not worth getting a $250 ticked when you can pay that right now and have it fixed. So now i guess thats the next thing on the list, bring it back to 35%. :(

How's come in the race box they put a big "W"??

Is that so you can't claim that your being targeted because of your race?

We know where you live now!! hahaha

Holy crap, you were born in 86?? My first car was an 85!! HAHA

you better fill up your camera with all the pics you can so you can always remember the sexy darkness.

I agree though, sometimes it's just easier to play by the rules.
So 35% is the darkest you can go legally?

35% on the side windows is the limit here in CT and that is what I have, sometime I wish it was alittle darker but then again I don't want any hassle ...

That sucks. I thougt about tint but decided to leave it alone, I'm already driving around without a front plate :rolleyes: . Don't want to draw anymore attention to myself.

YES, 35% ALL THE WAY AROUND...is the legal limit here in Mass.... You can thank Romney for that one!!

I have that as it was on the car when I got it, and when it was tested at the Inspection station, it tested @ 30% and 32% or something close to that... Basically if the windows have solar tint from the factory, that adds to the darkness level as well...

YES, 35% ALL THE WAY AROUND...is the legal limit here in Mass.... You can thank Romney for that one!!

I have that as it was on the car when I got it, and when it was tested at the Inspection station, it tested @ 30% and 32% or something close to that... Basically if the windows have solar tint from the factory, that adds to the darkness level as well...

If its in the 30s then they dont care, anything below 30 they start giving you crap! As you see on my warning, all my windows are below 15% LOL

I love having them dark not only for looks by for my privacy as I HATE people looking at me while I drive. Now that I have tinted windows it attracts people even more to look at me but they cant see me :laugh:

i think its only 35 on the two fronts, cause my gf's car has 35 on the fronts and 20 everywhere else...no probs with inspection or coppers

Back