• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

E _fan not working

yes i searched heres the deal
relays are good for high and low speed
only the fan on the left (passenger side) works when you jump the relay
neither come on
ac doesnt work no fan when turned on the temp got up to M on normal the high speed fan didnt come on but it works? hmmm

help!?!?!?!!??!!

there is a fuseable link in the underhood fuse box. try replacing it. mine went out on the silver car last year and caused the fans to quit and car to almost overheat.

IIRC they are 60's and yellow. I got one really similar from advance auto to replace mine. let me go take a look. might get a pic real fast for you.

cause this was the same problem i was having but my a/c works when i drive but overheats since the fans don't spin. I haven't been able to test the wiring still like i need to, but it hasn't got past the m at all yet so i've been doing small amounts of driving.

isn't there a way to just hardwire the low fan on to always spin?
but hardwire it so it's like i'm just jumping it and no CEL

It is one of these 2 i dont remember which one but it will cause the fans not to work at all. replace and you should be good to go. mine went out randomly on me at the last dragon run last yr.
IMG_1155.jpg

To replace them you have to push in the tabs on the sides to unlock those 3 fuses. They are grouped together. Slide them up and you'll see the screws on the side. It's a little tricky because the wires are tight and try to pull it back down. After you remove the old fuse, try to hold everything in place so you can slide the new fuse in with the wires still lined up. If you move it around, you have to try and juggle holding the fuses and trying to line up both wires.

I am having the same problem.. no fans and no a/c... I can jump the relays and fans will come on... but I would like to solve the real problem..... I just finished my first 3.0 swap... maybe i forgot to connect something?:shrug: But from what I see everything is all connected... any help would be great!

when you jumped the relays did both of them come on?
only one of mine came on a believe the green relay i think is the high speed
whichever was the high speed on the passenger side came on thats it

hmmm
congrats on the 3.0 swap i cant wait to do mine in a gravel drive way with jack stands !!!

Thanks:cool:, Gravel huh.. back hurts just thinking about that... hopefully you have an air compresser and impact... I tore the 2.5 out without one:help:, but got one for install of the 3.0

Umm, both my fans do come on when i jump the relays.. and i did "moderndino" fix for now... but still want to find the solution to this problem...

When did you first notice that your fans weren't working? did you have any work under the hood done before this? is everything stock?

when i bought the car the fans didnt work
the car had a clutch put in it
welll the plug was broken to the fan i fixed that i thought that was the problem
i just replaced the fuse today i drove it around till it got to "M" on normal
no fans came on
relay is good fuse is good plug is good ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Check the fans, they should spin by hand (if you can get it in there:crazy:)with slight friction. Your driver side one may be locked up!

alright i stuck my hand in there the fans spun freely is it possible i put the plug on up side down does it fit that way hmmm
what about this resistor i hear of on the back of the fan or somewhere

Back