• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Skunkworks Battery Relocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeda...

Something Like a Professional
I have recieved a few pm's about doing one of these. I would need 8 people approx since I no longer have dealings with the prior supplier.

Price should be around $150 + or - 25.

Will include:
25ft Zero Gauge
250 amp fuse or Circuit breaker
zip ties
Distrubution block with fuses
split loom
ring terminals
etc...

pretty much everything needed to relocate your battery to the trunk.

If you have an Optima, This seller makes a nice affordable billet battery holder

ebay Link

I used 4 self tapping bolts instead of the nuts and bolts they send you.

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes posting this Steeda(in case your kit comes with one)

what would be the difference this going this route of the generic one they sell on like summit? Just curious because they sold "special" relocation kits for the pgt and i just bought the summit one for like 50 bucks and it came with everything i needed

better wire with mine, the correct gauge. you cant even buy the wire im selling for any less than $3 per foot. thats $75 dollars right there. mine comes with a fuse/circuit breaker, dis block, terminals everything to do it correctly.

it will aso come with a black plastic battery box.

Interested... Where do you get the distribution block and terminal connectors from? Have any pictures of what's included in the kit?

I suppose I'll go search for the previous GB now...

Edit: Who would've thought I could find a picture of exactly what I was looking for:
DSC01202.jpg

Though do you have a picture of what the side terminals look like? (I have an optima)

thats the old suppliers stuff. it will be very similar.

i dont have a pic but search ebay for stinger gm battery post or side post should turn up something

what would be the difference this going this route of the generic one they sell on like summit?

I was wondering the same thing. I dont need the overkill 0 gauge wire or the distribution block but I do need an enclosed box with hold down to pass track inspection here. I assume you wouldnt have options like using less expensive 2 gauge wire?

I was wondering the same thing. I dont need the 0 gauge wire or the distribution block but I do need an enclosed box with hold down to pass track inspection here.

how do you plan to connect all the wires under the hood together if you don't use a distribution block?

03-10-08_1908.jpg

Last edited:
FYI, those terminal clamps are orthogonal, so they don't hug sloped terminals like those on my Duralast battery. I have to reseat them each week.

Also, I found that the 0 AWG cable fits into a 2 AWG fitting, and a Y distribution block (JL audio?) works under the hood better than the fusable distro block, IMO.

I was wondering the same thing. I dont need the overkill 0 gauge wire or the distribution block but I do need an enclosed box with hold down to pass track inspection here. I assume you wouldnt have options like using less expensive 2 gauge wire?

2 gauge is less expensive but i cant sell it like i can 0 gauge. there for 0 is cheaper becuase i can gt it in bulk. this kit will be totally different parts than the previous kits.

probably higher quality cable as well.

someone start a list if your gonna back out do not commit becuase th rest of ceg is going to be mad when they lose money because of you.

can be sold in groups of 8 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back