• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What do i do to get rid of this stupid antenna?

Sick2000Svt

CEG'er
I see on most pics of other CSvt's the antenna is gone. thats something i HAVE to do AsAp whats the deal with that...& how do i do it to my car?:shrug::help:

How many shaved ones have you seen? I don't think it's that common...are you sure yours isn't just stuck in the up position and you weren't aware it's supposed to retract when the radio isn't on?

I see on most pics of other CSvt's the antenna is gone. thats something i HAVE to do AsAp whats the deal with that...& how do i do it to my car?:shrug::help:

why do you want it gone? my silver car came with a broken one. cant hear shizz on the radio

How many shaved ones have you seen? I don't think it's that common...are you sure yours isn't just stuck in the up position and you weren't aware it's supposed to retract when the radio isn't on?

I think this is probably the issue. I turn the power of on my radio and it goes away:shrug:

yeah i thinks thats it the motor must be burnt up or something.... i thought people were like puttin one of those low pro antennas on the back glass or something thanks for the info :cool:

yeah i thinks thats it the motor must be burnt up or something.... i thought people were like puttin one of those low pro antennas on the back glass or something thanks for the info :cool:

i think i'll be going with the euro antenna on the roof very soon. we'll see.

i think i'll be going with the euro antenna on the roof very soon. we'll see.

Yeah man thats what i want to do. those little ones that almost look like a little shark fin or something in that nature would look beter than that ugly one ive got lol:shrug:

VW Jetta antenna work good on the roof:
Dsc01044.jpg

Dsc01037.jpg

Dsc01035.jpg

Yep, I installed it. Antenna wire runs in the headliner on the passenger side so it is right there. You can just use coax twist on connectors because the antenna is a coax cable like in your home.
Antenna is from a '99 VW Jetta. You need about 6" of the antenna whip attached to the antenna so you have enough for splicing. Easy mod and no need to pull out the headliner either. Just pop the two plugs in the back to stick your hand in to attach the nut and wireing.

Back