• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Npg Cai

Grunt

CEG'er
A few pictures of my first real mod, a NPG CAI I got from Harrry :)

From the front of the car:

picture.php

Looking to the fender from the engine:

picture.php

Looking to the front of the car:

picture.php

Last edited:
I wouldnt buy anything from Harrry he is a tool:laugh:

Looks good dude:cool:

You don't like my paint job i did on it.
I liked that color alot.IMHO. Plus you loved my work on you during SZ beech.

Good job man. You installed it with no scratches.!!!!!! It does look really good, you should of washed the engine bay:cool:

You don't like my paint job i did on it.
I liked that color alot.IMHO. Plus you loved my work on you during SZ beech.

Good job man. You installed it with no scratches.!!!!!! It does look really good, you should of washed the engine bay:cool:

Heh not really, you can't see the small scratches on the underneath. At the last picture.... that small white dot isn't a camera flaw :(

Ya, but I'm driving all over the place right now. This fall when I'm done driving, then it's getting detailed - engine and insides.

It's got a deeper growl, but as far as power, can't really tell. It seems as though that the gas mileage is down a bit

the first one is causing the second one.

deeper growl = smiling face. smiling face = press harder to make deeper growl. press harder = less mileage.

:D

Heh not really, you can't see the small scratches on the underneath. At the last picture.... that small white dot isn't a camera flaw :(

Ya, but I'm driving all over the place right now. This fall when I'm done driving, then it's getting detailed - engine and insides.

Really , i noticed a power difference when i had it on. Even my mpg went up. I ran 5 tanks and it averaged 30 extra miles:shrug:

Did you disconnect the battery for 30 mins?

See I was going to ask the same question if he reset the PCM because the car needs to relearn the new mods plus the timing will advance more because of the cooler air across the IAT sensor. But be sure to reset the PCM and drive it a couple of drive cycles for it to make changes you feel the difference then. Joey

the first one is causing the second one.

deeper growl = smiling face. smiling face = press harder to make deeper growl. press harder = less mileage.

:D

Heh that was true for the first week or so, but I just drove from my house to Pensacola ~6 hrs and I didn't notice a difference. I can't remember if I reset it, so I will when I get back to my car in 2 days (I'm at annual training with Marine Reserves).

:laugh:

Looks great, any install tips/tricks?
Thanks, J

Yes, take everything apart. Before you start to cut the fender, put the fuse box back on and approximate where you need to cut. I did a lot of unnecessary cutting - I got it to fit in the hole but then I put the fuse box on and it didn't fit! Other then that, the directions I got were great.

Back