• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT engine swap "going badly" Help

Starting

Starting

Does the PATS light blink fast? The red LED is in the clock or on the dash, depending on the particular car. Also, maybe the starter circuit is at fault. Let me know if you need a starter circuit schematic, because it does not engage starter. Never hurts to check that the battery is fully charged and terminals are tight. Also, remove Jet programmer (begin with stock setup). When someone else had the car before you, there is always a surprise in there!

this shouldn't be an issue with the PCM or pats as that isn't effected during a motor swap.

which wiring harness did you use? what year was the donor engine from? is yours a 98 or a 98.5?

Looking for a ecu for 98 csvt #RJL1 "I think"

Looking for a ecu for 98 csvt #RJL1 "I think"

Gentlemen,
I am the previous SVT engine swap "going badly" Help please.
I was told to check my ecu number and the engine that i took out had a ecu SFGO The donor eng. that was used as a replacement had a ecu RJL1 its gone now , so I am looking for a 98 SVT ecu RJL1 is this maybe 1 of the reasons this eng. will not fire up or even send voltage to the starter motor ?
any help appreciated.
Thanks guys

I do believe there was a red light blinking fast, but didnt and still dont know what it is. My battery was low, but were talking nothing when key is turned to starter position, no diming of the dash lights or nothing, no clicking .
Also I drug this car behind a tractor and no engine fire.
the jet power control modular is a oem part, whats up with that.
mike

I'm sorry i do not know what a pm is, (personal message maybe ? ) i do not know exactly how to use this thread. Can i get replys sent to my e-mail address, if so here it is ifcracing@verizon.net or I'll try to make this work , kinda whatever it takes.
Thanks mike

I used the engine wiring harness that came on the donor eng. I just didnt get the ecu unit. It was sold later and it was a RJL1 my car has a SFGO w/jet power control modular or something like that on it, looks aftermarket to me ?
Here is the vin, on my car, I do not know rather its a 98 or 98.5 1FAFP68G2WK246626
ANY HELP APPRECIATED thanks guys.
Mike

If PATS is flashing then you are locked out of starting the car. It's either a PATs issue, harness issue or a low or dead battery.

The only thing I can think of (if it were a PCM issue) was 1. Garbage Jet chip messed something up 2. Return PCM in returnless car or vice versa.

Double check all of your grounds and leads.

Mike, if the red LED in the dash flashes very quickly you may have a PATS issue (passive anti theft system) which will not let the car do much of anything. If this is the case you will need to have a ford tech re-set your keys and PCM.

If the Jet Chip is not making a good connection on the PCM, it won't start like Pudmunkie said. There is a grease on those connections from the factory and unless it was cleaned very thoroughly, the Jet Chip will cause problems.

Back