• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT engine swap "going badly" Help

98 2.5 SVT

New CEG'er
Hello,
I am a new member, this is what i want to ask;
I have a 98 contour SVT , I bought it without a head on it off of e-bay Last week of Nov. 2007. I bought a complete running eng. from a SVT (ebay) around Cleveland Oh. 2nd. week of April 08. I installed eng in car last week.
The cars dash works properly when key is turned on, but nothing happens when the key is turned to the starter position. I pulled the car to see if the engine would fire, no fire what so ever. Any idea what i should do next. Any help appreciated.
Thanks Guys
Mike Warner
Owner: IFC Racing
www.allporscheracing.com

:rolleyes:Hello,
I am a new member, this is what i want to ask;
I have a 98 contour SVT , I bought it without a head on it off of e-bay Last week of Nov. 2007. I bought a complete running eng. from a SVT (ebay) around Cleveland Oh. 2nd. week of April 08. I installed eng in car last week.
The cars dash works properly when key is turned on, but nothing happens when the key is turned to the starter position. I pulled the car to see if the engine would fire, no fire what so ever. Any idea what i should do next. Any help appreciated.
Thanks Guys
Mike Warner
Owner: IFC Racing
www.allporscheracing.com[/quote]

Nope ,
I started it first, it ran smooth and nice. Than I removed it from donor car. It has taken me days to remove the subframe and than swith out old headless eng. with the running one.
Mike

no the engine is not locked up, the engine rolled over while pulling the car in gear. It never fired 1 time, as if the key was off. Key was in the hot position. Mike

If the ecu is under the resorvior against the firewall on the passenger side. big long plug on the engine wiring harness . i used the one that came in my car, its a 98 and so was the donor eng. from a 98 car

I am not aware of pcm code, i dont know what that means, If you could tell me I'm sure I'll understand, or tell me how I can tell what the pcm code is.

If you have the pcm out of the car there is a big white sticker on it and you will see it clearly, if its not out of the car go to the passenger side footwell and look where the pcm is and look for a code like rjl1, if they arent the same that could be your problem, also like stated before check all your grounds.

All grounds with the exception of the long heavy one that comes out from just under the rear hood weather strip to the right of where the ecu is that may be associated with the ecu but i did not know exactly where it goes on the car body. all other grounds except the hood ground is done about a dozen I'd say.

All grounds with the exception of the long heavy one that comes out from just under the rear hood weather strip to the right of where the ecu is that may be associated with the ecu but i did not know exactly where it goes on the car body. all other grounds except the hood ground is done about a dozen I'd say.

IIRC that gound bolts to the underside of the hood itself somewhere, but I would have to go look at my car, but it is raining out...

The other ecu from the donor motor is gone, I have noway of knowing what it said. I will look at mine tomorrow and write down its numbers

SVT engine swap "going badly" Help My ecu number is SFGO its a ford part. It also has a "JET Power Control Module" plugged into the opposite end of the wiring harness plug. Can anyone tell me the difference between the RJL1 and the SFGO
Both appear to have the same plug in.
Thanks Mike

Back