• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rawburts SVT moving to Capitol CEG!

RawBurt

Hard-core CEG'er
Yup, I just recieved the check from a gentlemen in virginia who is purchasing my SVT Turbo. Provided everything goes smooth from here on out, it'll be cruising the streets of (somewhere) virginia starting June 14. Keep an eye out for it :cool:

wanna fill me in as to WHEN you sold yours.... i liked it. :( well, its all in good hands.

please tell me the new owner will be on here... (if not already a member)

I've been working out a deal with someone the past week. He sent me a check for the car, as soon as it clears he'll be driving out to michigan to get it. I dont think hes on ceg, i'll mention it to him.

I've been working out a deal with someone the past week. He sent me a check for the car, as soon as it clears he'll be driving out to michigan to get it. I dont think hes on ceg, i'll mention it to him.

with a car like yours, i'd sure as hell hope he'd join. how'd he find it out anyways. ebay/craigslist? and if he knew it was a SVT, he'll probably be a car person. so yeh...mention that ish to him, i dont want to lose visual sights of this car...

The last thing you want to do is by such a Frankenstein mix of parts that is a Turbo 3L (in ANY variant) with its added changes, Warmonger brakes, etc etc (that are ALL widely different from the average replacement... ) and then not join a community that fathered such changes..

The last thing you want to do is by such a Frankenstein mix of parts that is a Turbo 3L (in ANY variant) with its added changes, Warmonger brakes, etc etc (that are ALL widely different from the average replacement... ) and then not join a community that fathered such changes..
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought his was a turbo 2.5?

You are correct.. however, it is still no less of a Frankenstein nightmare to the uneducated owner. (this isn't a slight against the car.. its WELL DONE!! Its just the nature of the beast when you modify something so much..)

Brake upgrades, warmonger upgrades.. different pads than the auto store will look up, different rotors even..

What about when the clutch goes? what do you get? Well, if you didn't know better, you'd get an SVT2.5 clutch... transaxle? won't even get in to that.. Anyway.. that's all I was saying, but yes.. its a 2.5

Back