• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

More Cell pics, But Not of My Car

cobrawannabe

Addicted CEG'er
I went out riding yesterday, and decided to take some artsy-fartsy pics. I'm by no stretch of the imagination an accomplished photgrapher, and all I have is a 1.3 MP in my LG VX8300 (awesome phone!)
Please tell me what you think. Also, can I get some tips from a photographic standpoint? I'd like to get a bit better:cool:

So, without further ado....

0602081527c.jpg

0602081527b.jpg

0602081527a.jpg

0602081527.jpg

0602081508b.jpg

0602081508a.jpg

And BTW... The bike has been whored like a cheap, French prostitute, but for those who are still wondering...

-2005 Iron Horse Warrior Trail w/ 6" Hayes MX2 brakes and too many "mods" to list:cool:

I think that you are going to leave me in the dust if we ever have that NECEG MTB meet :laugh:

Wait a minute though, never judge a book by its cover... Hmm, never judge a rider by his bike, who needs disk brakes :p

Besides, I have dual water bottle holders on mine :D

How many speeds does that guy have? I am glad to see you wearing a helmet, sometimes I think I am the only one who does...

PS: I am done editing this post now...

Last edited:
I think that you are going to leave me in the dust if we ever have that NECEG MTB meet :laugh:

Wait a minute though, never judge a book by its cover... Hmm, never judge a rider by his bike, who needs disk brakes :p

Defiantely don't. I've only been riding seriously for 4 years or so. How are the pictures? I'm pretty sure you fool around with cameras from time to time, right?

Defiantely don't. I've only been riding seriously for 4 years or so. How are the pictures? I'm pretty sure you fool around with cameras from time to time, right?

Yea, but I really do not consider myself "good" enough to critique others photographs... I just try to make sure the picture is balanced, or has a center point of focus...

I like the last one of your bike... The one with the tree in it would look better without all of that glare, but you did take it on a cell phone, LOL... I maybe would have a little less of the tree in the picture...

Attachments

• Mainline_Scenery.jpg
    Mainline_Scenery.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Mainline_Tracks7.jpg
    Mainline_Tracks7.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Mini_Turtle.jpg
    Mini_Turtle.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Mainline_Tracks5.jpg
    Mainline_Tracks5.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 0
It would help if we knew what type of camera being used and the specs on it (pix level). For a cell phone its not bad. From my own experience, take as many pic as you can with different settings of the same subject and then judge for yourself what looks good. Then learn to use some photo software to make the fine touchups that glare,weak or strong lighting can make a good shot look avarage. I seen a lot of ppl on here take some good pic of their ride, but it looks so so due to the wash out look or glare and poor lighting. The HDR way is great but it takes time to get a grip on the how to of it. :cool:

It would help if we knew what type of camera being used and the specs on it (pix level). For a cell phone its not bad. From my own experience, take as many pic as you can with different settings of the same subject and then judge for yourself what looks good. Then learn to use some photo software to make the fine touchups that glare,weak or strong lighting can make a good shot look avarage. I seen a lot of ppl on here take some good pic of their ride, but it looks so so due to the wash out look or glare and poor lighting. The HDR way is great but it takes time to get a grip on the how to of it. :cool:

It's a 1.3 meg (Vario Tessar I think)

Thanks alot for the critique, guys! Keep it coming!:cool:

The first picture is the best in terms of composition as the lighting,stream, trail, and wedge of trees keep your eye moving. You can probably find a brief guide to good composition on line or at a bookstore. Compositional skill is the root of all goodness. Everything else comes with time and a lot of exposures. Keep trying by all means possible. Good luck and keep sharing.

The first picture is the best in terms of composition as the lighting,stream, trail, and wedge of trees keep your eye moving. You can probably find a brief guide to good composition on line or at a bookstore. Compositional skill is the root of all goodness. Everything else comes with time and a lot of exposures. Keep trying by all means possible. Good luck and keep sharing.
Thanks alot! It's funny that you point out the first pic, because that's one of my least favorite:laugh:.

your seat seems rather low, unless you are rather short.

I'm only 5'7", and I hit lots of drop off when I ride, so a tall seat would be bad for my kids:laugh:

I have my seat at the proper height and have not had any "clearance" issuses yet, and I am 5'8"... Guess you have more aggresive trails down there... Standing up has always worked for me :shrug:

I know what you're saying, I just like the peace of mind. I have whacked 'em a few times. Plus, the backbone on the bike isn't very steep, so the seat looks lower than it is. And yes, ther trails around where I live are covered in 4-foot drops, death cookies, natural kickers, and huge burms. I need all the space I can get:cool:. The hill that I live on is on the edge of the CT River Valley, so the terrain is really rough

I only weigh 140lbs, LOL :laugh:

I do not exercise a lot, maybe that is why my knees are week... Don't worry, I am trainning for the meet :D

I'm the same weight:cool:

As far as the meet is concerned, I can't wait to ride with CEGer's. It should be great, huh?

HEY!!!!!! EVERYONE!!!! CRTIQUE MY PHOTOGRAPHY!

HEY!!!!!! EVERYONE!!!! CRTIQUE MY PHOTOGRAPHY!

Well I would start out getting a cheap digital camera or something to experiment if you want to get into photography. You'll find a lot more options will really help you take pictures.

The first two are way too bright. The first one doesn't really look like a bike picture because you're so far away, not sure if that's what you were going for or not. The second one could look decent if it weren't so bright. In the third one the tree and rock are distracting, they take away from the river view. The fourth one I don't know what to say, I don't think that is a great composition. The fifth one could be good but you cut off part of the seat. The last one could be a good composition, I would pull the bike forward so the wheel/tire isn't covered by the tall grass.

I'm not all that great with photography but that's what I have for suggestions.

Back