• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Question on registration after color change

Nerawkas

CEG'er
If i chose to change the color of my car, do i have to re-register it? Or notify DMV for that matter?
also, on a side note, a friend and I are wondering which is better to get...
bolted on exhaust? or wielded on exhaust?
i know, small questions, dont mean to waste anyones time, but for these to be answered means a great deal to me.

I dont think it matters in Kentucky, just tell the dmv people at the time of transfer if you ever sell it. I have a truck that has a straight 6, and the title says v8. I asked them about how to change it and they said just leave it until I decide to sell it. The same truck is also painted different than factory, and I never informed them about that.

At least in California, color is not recorded on the registration paperwork. No need to notify anyone.

If properly done, there is nothing wrong with bolt-on exhaust systems. The factory uses bolt-ons.

Either way, it really depends on the craftsmanship of the installation. Either one can be great and either one can be screwed up.

Your best bet is to call your local DMV or wherever your car is registered and ask them about the color change issue.
My vehicle registration in NH has the color listed, so I would definitely have to notify the town/state of the change.

Back