• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Antsy for SZ07?

Kim its tooo early at the moment and those of us with school are still trying to finding out dates for exams and etc for that month..

I saw that, sent a email to Jess to ask if she wants to go again ... I'm in just need to figure everything else out ....

now my dilemma is what show and shine category to enter ... best non-SVT or best paint :shrug:

I still kinda want to bring the Cougar. The past couple trips we've done, Mike only let me drive for -maybe- 2-3 hours tops, so I know he's able to drive on his own. I'm just skeered of my abilities to keep awake.

do it ... if Tony could drive out there half asleep most of the time I bet you can :laugh:

Brian, i would say best Non-SVT even though the paint is mint, it is still just a fresh new coat of factory paint. if anyone comes out with a custom job this year (buckshot-maybe) it might bump you out of the running.
but as a non-SVT your car is the nuts.

no way, I say go for paint.
The person that won last year had a fresh coat of stock looking paint, right?

Yeah Haroon I know you gotta wait, but you can't deny that you're still pumped to go if things turn in your favor. :D

no way, I say go for paint.
The person that won last year had a fresh coat of stock looking paint, right?

Yeah Haroon I know you gotta wait, but you can't deny that you're still pumped to go if things turn in your favor. :D

yeah i believe dukeofsho won best paint last year and he just repainted stock t-red

also I believe buckshot just repainted stock t-red also ...

yeah, duke did t-red, but he had the little touch of the SVT painted into it.
and buckshot has not released what color he is going to paint it, from what i have seen.

must have missed this post, but who know what else he has planned ...besides I would think he would be in the best forced induction category ...

i saw that post, but i figured, knowing Rick, its not really t-red, or he has more in store for it.
but yeah you are right, it will probabaly be in forced induction anywho

I saw that, sent a email to Jess to ask if she wants to go again ... I'm in just need to figure everything else out ....

now my dilemma is what show and shine category to enter ... best non-SVT or best paint :shrug:

Id like to see a revamped show and shine criteria. I think You should just enter, and let the people decide what you're car is best at... With the obvious exception that if it is not an SVT it should be noted.

the problem with that, is one car could get the majority of votes in multiple classes.
this way it allows for a different w1nnar in every catagory.

Hmm, so I've got you guys wondering what I'm up to, huh?! LOL

Actually, I just PM'd Todd about the very issue of registering for multiple classes. My take is that as long as you charge a relatively high additional fee ($15-20) per each additional class you want to compete in, it shouldn't be a big deal as it will separate those who truly have show potential in each category from those who want to shotgun out their chances of getting a trophy by entering multiple classes. There are a number of cars on CEG including mine, Brian's, Hahn's, Wa2Tuff's, etc that could well compete in several classes. My personal opinion is that I want to compete head to head with the best of the best in each category and not limit competition just because someone's car isn't registered in my class.

As an example, suppose someone showed up with a show quality paint job, but they entered in a category other than paint, and Brian entered his for paint. Would you feel like you really had good competition if you won the class? It also gives those voting the freedom to have more choice instead of possibly having to settle for whatever is in that class in case the car they really wanted wasn't in that class.

Yes, I want to enter my car in multiple classes, but if your truly met show quality in multiple classes, wouldn't you want to do the same? I think Brian would do well both in paint and non-svt. Another thing, with the additional show fee paid, you could easily cover 2nd and 3rd place awards in every class (I can't remember if they did this before, but I don't think so). I haven't posted this up in the SZ forum yet as I wanted Todd to have time to think about it before I step on his feet and get an overall reaction.

I know, I remember when we all met at the rest stop and picked up Brian and Tony..We had the best caravan EVAR!!!!

the way back always sucks :blackeye:

Hmm, so I've got you guys wondering what I'm up to, huh?! LOL

Actually, I just PM'd Todd about the very issue of registering for multiple classes. My take is that as long as you charge a relatively high additional fee ($15-20) per each additional class you want to compete in, it shouldn't be a big deal as it will separate those who truly have show potential in each category from those who want to shotgun out their chances of getting a trophy by entering multiple classes. There are a number of cars on CEG including mine, Brian's, Hahn's, Wa2Tuff's, etc that could well compete in several classes. My personal opinion is that I want to compete head to head with the best of the best in each category and not limit competition just because someone's car isn't registered in my class.

As an example, suppose someone showed up with a show quality paint job, but they entered in a category other than paint, and Brian entered his for paint. Would you feel like you really had good competition if you won the class? It also gives those voting the freedom to have more choice instead of possibly having to settle for whatever is in that class in case the car they really wanted wasn't in that class.

Yes, I want to enter my car in multiple classes, but if your truly met show quality in multiple classes, wouldn't you want to do the same? I think Brian would do well both in paint and non-svt. Another thing, with the additional show fee paid, you could easily cover 2nd and 3rd place awards in every class (I can't remember if they did this before, but I don't think so). I haven't posted this up in the SZ forum yet as I wanted Todd to have time to think about it before I step on his feet and get an overall reaction.

that is a great point but can I bring one thing up, I am bringing someone with me and paying for that person, arn't I alreadying paying for two show entries then? Unless I am mistaken every $15 is for food and to be able to compete in the car show for one person ... although I don't have a problem kicking in a few extra if it comes to it ...

I'm going to end up bringing the Maxima but at this point there will be a significant amount of trolls there anyway..

Brian,

Good point on the two person entry as we'd be doing the same with Miranda. While, I'm not against that, I think to make it legit for everyone and to help separate out those who truly want to compete, it would need to be an across the board extra fee per each additional class.

Rick

Brian,

Good point on the two person entry as we'd be doing the same with Miranda. While, I'm not against that, I think to make it legit for everyone and to help separate out those who truly want to compete, it would need to be an across the board extra fee per each additional class.

Rick

makes sense, just wanted to bring it up

Back