• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

grand valley autocross in july

ronssvt

Hard-core CEG'er
http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=9054

Anyone that has gone autocrossing before or is thinking about starting, now is the perfect time. I have been to grand valleys autocross setup, its a nice setup to test your cars suspension, not too much high speeds in this course.

When: July 5 and 6 (5th is test and tune, 6th is the actually event)

Where: grand valley state university (allendale michigan, check map for specifics)

Cost: For saturday, its only 5 bucks if your paying for sunday as well. Sundays cost is 20 dollars for non members (just sign up online to become a member) otherwise members cost only 15. On Sunday, if you bring someone who hasn't autocrossed before, you will receive 5 bucks off, bring 2 and get 10 bucks off. Let me know if its your first time so I can put you down as a referral.

pm with any questions you might have.

alright I have seen at least 3 or 4 guys on here who said they wanna join in on this so where ya at, post your names up. I got my new tires and can't wait to see how I match up with some other contours, foci, and my buddies civic si.

Well I just got back from the event. As far as contours go it was RonsSVT, TX00SVT, and myself. I must say the blueberries are niice.
Ron's Times
50.803+1 Cone
TX aka Rob's Times
My Times
52.529+1 Cone

200whp 3L hybrid, and he beats me by .001 seconds. In a contour who needs hp...

I was 3 wheeling most of the time though, not to mention driving on the sidewalls of my 205/60's.

It was a great day in all.

I rode with him the first three runs, and for a first timer he was quite fast. He knows how to drive, just needs experience in autox. With the way I was driving I wouldn't have been surprised if a wheel fell off.

I didn't hit any cones, I didn't DNF, and I didn't finish last in SMod even as a noobie. I'm happy with it...

I didn't hit any cones, I didn't DNF, and I didn't finish last in SMod even as a noobie. I'm happy with it...

its still rediculus a 18 year old beat us in a zetec auto though :nonono:

but like you rob I am happy with my times considering I consistently dropped seconds off each run.

all in all it was a great event hope to get some pictures/videos on here shortly. they said it was their largest gathering ever, over 90 cars total :eek:

I'm just giving these guys :censored::censored::censored::censored: nothing more. At least Ron's car wasn't bogging as bad and he didn't DNF at all. TX did amazing for a first timer as I said before. If it wasn't for all that wheelspin I think he would have been in the 45second area in all honesty. The cheapo chinese tires need to go. They can't handle all of that 3L torque. Not to mention hes been driving the car for what a week?

I can't wait to see the video, I just hope theres some of my massive wheel lift. I can't wait for the next event. With some good rims and tires, and the right track of course and I would be competitive.

For the event there were 93 total cars, a Porsche didn't show up and a 4 eyed foxbody died in the parking lot, so 91 cars ran. First event with 4 heats, and first event with so many new people. I just wish the great lakes downs event was still happening.

well there was a guy on a local car forum that posted some pics, had a couple of TX's blueberry mobile on there I can post them if anyone is interested. I think I am done for the summer though, my baby can only handle so much punishment lol.

Back