• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Procharger P1SC install.

Tourige

CEG's Resident Jackass
So me and my friend installed my P1SC on the cobra over the past 3 days. It took 3 days because of lack of parts, lack of time, and we're both sick with colds.

On with the install:
Parts to be installed:
Ford racing 42lb injectors
Clean the IMRC's
New NGK TR6 spark plugs gapped at .032
Procharger head unit
Procharger piping
Procharger intercooler
C&L intake tube
SCT BA2800 MAF
other misc stuff.

So we started by taking out my JLT intake and stock MAF assembly. Took about 5 minutes(was a lot longer to install...)
Then we drained my coolant, removed all coolant lines, radiator lines, removed coolant reservoir, removed coolant cover.
p601054001th1.jpg

p601054301cx0.jpg

We took off the stock Upper intake manifold to get down into the
injectors. Undid the EGR and all vac lines, IAC etc.
p6010541zi5.jpg

p6010542kt0.jpg

Little bit more room:
p601054501kt5.jpg

p6010546tk2.jpg

Lubed up the new injectors, put them in, Took off the Lower intake manifold and cleaned the IMRC plates, they were pretty clean but we got them a bit cleaner. We took the stock coolant crossover tube off and installed the stock sensors into the new one and put it in. Then we put the upper intake back parts back on etc to get the car ready for the SC.
p6010553bz8.jpg

Now the fun part. I bought my kit used as it saved me over 3 grand from buying it new. I knew going in that it would need some TLC and whatnot so i had polished the intercooler and the P1SC headunit, as well as sanded down and repainted all the piping that came with the kit. So we go to install the SC and realize that the guy i bought it from has forgotten to send me some of the hardware like studs for the P1 and some other misc stuff, having been heavily discouraged and annoyed from further activities we decided to call it a night.

The next day i found out i needed to lengthen the power steering lines for the power steering cooler because it dosent clear the intercooler. Of course the guy never sent me these lines so i had to go out and get some new ones.... sigh. Got some new lines, clamps, nipple fittings and some studs and bolts for mounting the Headunit.

A couple hours later we got this:
p6020556xv0.jpg

p6020557da6.jpg

We started doing the piping for the Intercooler but were pissed off so we called it a day and decided that today would be the final day.
The next day we finished running the pipes for the IC and got the IC lined up and ready for install only to find out... that the guy had not given me the intercooler brackets, nor the brackets to mount the coil pack, or the mount for the power steering... back to the hardware store...
Mounted the Intercooler, got all the pipes run. One thing to note, the tubes running from the intercooler to the MAF to the intake tube are a HUGE PITA to install... they dont fit 100% and can be a massive PITA to get fitted and into position.
p6030558yr5.jpg

p603056201gc0.jpg

Got the coolant lines back in the car, mounted the BOV set it to VTA. Put the coolant reservoir back in the car. Put the power steering lines back in and filled the reservoir.
p6030564ov1.jpg

Then we had to run back to the hardware store to get a T for the BOV vac line, as well as make a ghetto cap for the intake tube where it normally recircs back into the intake.
p6030567hk6.jpg

Getting the intake tube in was annoying... its like they built the car around how the tube was supposed to be made... after a while of pushing and shoving it finally went into place and i had justin clamp the hell out of it.
Then we had to lengthen the IAC wiring harness to get it to fit the intake tube.
Overall it wasent a difficult installation, more annoying because of lack of parts, lots of running to the hardware store and being sick.
Here is a nice shot of the IC:
p6030568ag3.jpg

Believe it or not that is lower than how it normally mounts, i wish you could see it more but i dont feel like messing with it right now.
Started the car up, it runs not bad. Its rich as hell though, reading 10-8 AFR at idle... not very good. Its a pain to get into any rpms but it isnt bad.
Vids to come up on thursday of the Dynoing.

is that a 2-core or 3-core intercooler? if it's a 2-core, pitch it now and put something better in there.

Theres a guy in the GTA with the same blower on his 00 GT/ Saleen clone, built motor and all, hes pushing 19psi and man it sounds insane!! Congrats and have some fun :D

Sean

Back